• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Super smart but dumb as a post!

xxlissydollxx

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Tell me your beardie personalities It's been a while since I have posted.

My snowball is around 3,and he is brilliant, I don't believe they are dumb at all. If he wants to get out to poop(which he only does in the Tub) , he will headbob and scratch at his glass. If he wants you to take him out for cuddles he will headbob without scratching.if he gets to the stairs or wants to get to a place he can't climb, he will headbob very dramatically It's adorable. He loves to play with my cats... When they are just relaxing, he will headbob A few times at them and then run over and lick their noses which they hate. All my animals are relaxed, i have no safety concerns, and he has never gone black or defensive at them.

He is my best friend, i trust his judgement on people. Believe it or not, he is 100% accurate on If a person Is good or bad. He will turn black and/or go crazy depending on the level of person. He loves my boyfriend who has never touched a reptile and was a little cautious... Now they are the best of buddies . I love gushing about snowball. He is brilliant, but dumb As a post when it comes to eating and jumping off of things. Please gush about your babies here!

20180614_201244.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
My girl Dexter does the same thing when she has to go to the bathroom. She paces her tank and rubs on the glass and black beards until we take her out and to the tub. She hates salad but I can trick her into eating salad when she's chewing a bug and I can stick a green in her mouth. She gets very hurt feelings when something doesn't go her way, she will pout in the corner behind her hide. She's my spoiled one. My other girl Dolly is very chill and is up for everything. She LOVES her salad and her bugs, she just weighed in at 689g! My boy Luci is still a free spirit, loves being out of his tank, loves eating. He will poop in the same spot every day and then jump up on his hammock until I clean it up. I love that I have three and each one has a different personality.

GojiraMama

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
HOLY [redacted, so unladylike] YOU MEAN I AM NOT THE ONLY PERSON WHOSE BEARDIE IS HOUSEBROKEN???

I adopted him in April 2019. Early in June, we went on a road trip during which I was able to take him out on a lead in safe areas daily at about the same time. When we got home, he fell in love with the clover & dandelions at a local un-sprayed park & we started going there just about daily until the weather closed in. Now he uses a bathtub, and still hasn't left a mess in his habitat since June!

Gojira is my therapy animal, adopted specifically for that job. He helps me to travel & to be around people by keeping me distracted from anxiety/panic triggers. He is a ROCK STAR when the Dragon Wagon rolls out, regally surveying the roads from his favorite perch in the passenger door window (I do not drive). He is my lifeline, my mooring point, the second living thing my recently-acquired PTSD let me build an affection-based bond with. (The first was my previous beardie Stevie Ray, who sadly left us due to kidney failure on St. Patrick's Day 2019 at the age of only 2.)

When I took custody, the rescue told me he was an unhandled adult male (now 5) who had been turned in as 'too much work'. The first time I touched his tail he launched himself 2 feet. Now I can practically carry him like an ice cream cone--I don't, it would be bad for his spine, but he's calm enough now to stay relaxed.

He loves to be hand-fed on gloomy days, and when he gets to snuggle on his other person (owner of the aforementioned Dragon Wagon), he immediately climbs the poor man's chest, throws both front feet into the guy's beard, and just hangs there.

I'll gush more later if I haven't worn you out!

GojiraDaddy

Bearded Dragon Egg
Owner of the adore mentioned Dragon Wagon is honored to be Gojiras other person. You haven't truly lived until you have had a BEARDie use your beard to hang off of or snuggle in. What a blast these two are!!

Thomas Woosley

Hatchling Dragon
omg I just read your story what a blast. My Beardie Zach is almost 6 months old and he just started to do this last nite while I was cuddling with him. He nestled rt into my Goatie and he went to sleep. Totally awesome. Just thought I would share.

GojiraMama

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Update: Gojira is currently in ShedHead McGrumpFace mode, preparing to peel a strip across the top of his head that wraps around one ear, along his lip, & including the very tip of his chin. He's both sulkier and clingier than when he's not about to shed off.

He's also grumpy lately bc we've been having a harder time than usual keeping up the variety he prefers in his salads--our local stores keep running out of beardie-safe produce & taking weeks for a restock to show up. It's a distribution-chain problem affecting all the stores in the area. Bigger locations earlier on the truck routes keep taking our stores' orders in addition to their own. Anyone else's picky eaters do this thing where they won't eat the same thing they had yesterday unless it's a top-tier treat like a bug or a blueberry?

Things almost nobody ever gets to say with a straight face: I can't wait until the (currently untreated) lawn is full of dandelions again!