• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sunlight

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As I mentioned in another post. I had Pogie outside in the sun yesterday for 30-40 minutes. And again today for only 15 cos the sun went away . . .

Now my question is. I take her outside in a type of vet carrier. No roaming room, but she doesn't move much anyway, think shes scared of the outdoors and needs some time getting used to it. If I take her out daily, will the
30 mins or so of no moving and the benefit of natural UVB , and 13.5 hours inside, lots of space, artificial UVB
vs
the all day in the viv, lots of space and artificial UVB all the time be detrimental to her?

I can already see a difference in her after just these 2 times outside (Or I have one hell of an imagination). She seems a lot more . . .how can I put it . . . . PERKY / energetic / full of life

Advise and opinions welcome.

I will start using her leash outdoors at some stage, when weve both calmed a bit

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well, think of the outside as her basking spot. When beardies bask, they climb up and just lay there. So, taking her out for natural sunlight 30 minutes a day is the best for her as far as UV light is concerned.

I know we like to offer as much space as we can, but when outdoors for such a short bit, I think you are doing the right thing.

Did I answer your questions/concerns?

Latest posts