• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

RedBane

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello all, I am new here. I joined in the hopes of getting reliable answers for questions about mine and my roommates beardie boy. This is our second beardie, a juvenile named Amigo. We don't know how to check gender on beardies, so for now we're assuming for now he's a male. Amigo is our second bearded dragon; we lost our first ever beardie, a baby boy named Hiei, to sickness. It was pretty devastating for the whole house, many tears were shed and the whole ordeal scarred us pretty bad. We don't know what caused the sickness, one day he was up and moving, and suddenly by night he was down. It was like his health tanked overnight. No matter what we did we couldn't get him to eat or drink. We did everything from calling vets to syringing repta-boost water in his mouth, but in the end it all failed. So after some time had passed and the wounds began to heal, we all decided to try again, and now we have Amigo.
Sorry for the long backstory, but it's relevant to the topic. We've had Amigo for about two months now, he's a lot livelier, full of personality, runs and jumps, and he eats great. But there's just been one thing that has stayed a concern. When we got Amigo, there was a spot on the back of his head that was darker, almost like a sunburn. We didn't think much at the time, we has just assumed he was going to start shedding soon. Well, that was not the case. Instead of going away, the spot has grown to the point where it is between his eyes. The skin is peeling and falling off, but the area under it is dark just like before. He's losing the dead skin (I assume it's dead because it is lose and is peeling like how sunburned skin does), but instead of it being sandy colored scales underneath like the rest of his body, it's just black like the dead skin. I'm making this post now because we've tried everything we could think of; we've sprayed him with water daily, we give him baths, we monitor his tank temperatures carefully, we feed him regularly, etc. I've tried looking up answers, but I never get anything solid. We're all still pretty scarred from losing Hiei the way we did, and we just don't want to lose Amigo to. So the question is, is Amigo sick? Is it a nasty sunburn? Does he have skin cancer, if that's even possible for bearded dragons? Is it another health issue? I have pictures of the spot in question, I just want some answers from rational, experienced beardie owners if possible.

Attachments

• 20201201_150007.jpg
    20201201_150007.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 33
  • 20201201_150019.jpg
    20201201_150019.jpg
    919.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20201201_150228.jpg
    20201201_150228.jpg
    999.1 KB · Views: 32

LittleGodzilla

Hatchling Dragon
give him one more day if not gone then take him to a vet its either shedding skin that hasnt gotton off and has more skin under or a skin disease either way take him to a vet