• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Summmeeeeer

Diaspora

Hatchling Dragon
Hi everyone
So, it's summer and my house faces south, so it's in the sun all day long and warms up
Therefore, the tank of my beardies do to
It's basically 40 Celcius at the cold end of the tank
I thought of making time lapses with lightening to keep it lower like 10-12 am 2-4 pm 6-8 pm
Or 12 - 6pm
What do you guys think ?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is the tank near the window? glass will amplify heat.

that's too warm for the cool end !!! i would definitely try altering your lighting schedule ! try one - if it works, you're good to go, if not - try the other option.

Diaspora

Hatchling Dragon
No, I put it near a wall far from the windows but the whole living room has 5 big windows
So the heat still goes in and warms up the place
I'll give the schedule a try..
But won't it harm them not having 12h UV light?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
until your temps go down, i would be more concerned about that. it's not ideal for them to be missing our on the uv, but - unless you can install a "cold room" (with a itty bitty air conditioner - :) ) well - you can only do what you can do !!

Latest posts