• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

suitable tank for baby bearded dragon?

IronMCL

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi guys,
Im looking for feedback on a suitable tank for a baby bearded dragon.

This one is local to me and in good condition.
It is currently a tank for a snake.

However, I thought it may suit (once i remove the contents). As it has a mesh roof and generally seems like a good size (20galon).

I was just looking for some feedback on the tank, and I was also wondering if someone could comment on the air flow vent on the side of the tank. I am wanting to know whether it is a bad thing or positive?

Thanks

Attachments

• enclosure.JPG
    enclosure.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 59

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
doesn't look bad for a baby but they grow fast and that won't be big enough when he/she gets older. smallest recommended size for adult is about
36" L x 18" W x 18" H. as for the vent on the side from what i can see it looks good. you will need good airflow to keep humidity down but not too much because you still have to keep temps up. hope this helps. let us know what you do.

IronMCL

Bearded Dragon Egg
doesn't look bad for a baby but they grow fast and that won't be big enough when he/she gets older. smallest recommended size for adult is about
36" L x 18" W x 18" H. as for the vent on the side from what i can see it looks good. you will need good airflow to keep humidity down but not too much because you still have to keep temps up. hope this helps. let us know what you do.

Thank you for your reply,
I only plan to have this while it is a baby. I have a 60 gal sized tank for later and roughly one in between.

So the vents will be no problem, but i may find it difficult to keep the temp up?

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ya from the pic they look ok. The more air flow the more lights you may need for proper temp gradient. But that will all depend on the ambient temp of the room you plan to keep it in etc. How fine is that mesh? if you plan to feed crickets in there make sure they cant get out.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi guys,
Im looking for feedback on a suitable tank for a baby bearded dragon.

This one is local to me and in good condition.
It is currently a tank for a snake.

However, I thought it may suit (once i remove the contents). As it has a mesh roof and generally seems like a good size (20galon).

I was just looking for some feedback on the tank, and I was also wondering if someone could comment on the air flow vent on the side of the tank. I am wanting to know whether it is a bad thing or positive?

Thanks

Think using this tank is going to be a bad idea.

20 gallon long is probably minimum I would use as you can have a hot and cool side. With the tank in your pic your only going to have a hot side.

Beardies need to have a basking of 100-115 degree and a cool side of 80-85 degree and humidity of 10-15%. I really doubt you will achieve that with that tank.

uploadfromtaptalk1395230642483.jpg

This is a 20 gallon long starter tank. MY beardie has been in it since a baby a dragon. And now is 18" long and will be moved once new vivs are completely done.

All in all I personally would NOT use that tank you have shown.

Mogavero

Bearded Dragon Egg
As I think it was stated before it will be extremely hard to maintain a heated side and a cool side. I think I would keep searching. :)

Latest posts