• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SUGGESTIONS FOR NEXT FOOD RUN

beardie_joe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ALRIGHT IVE SAVED MY MONEY TO ABOUT 20 dolars foor food what should i get wax worms superworms or meal worms this beardie is about 9 inches

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
None of the above.

Supers can be fed once they are 16 inches or longer.
Mealworms have a high chittin content causing impactations and no real nutritional value
Wax worms are too fatty

Try
Pheonix worms
Roaches
Horn worms
Crickets
Silk worms

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Agreed.
I've fed roaches from the time two of mine (out of 4) were 7 weeks old, one was 9 months or so, and Annebelle since I received her.. She's one of Tom's babies, so roaches had been part of her diet prior to my receiving her.
I have to say... I am a HUGE roach fan... lol..
Hope this helps... aka the roach queen...

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
what are you looking for, crix? roaches? silks? there are different sites for different feeders

beardie_joe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
all he loves mealworms i might try silks and horn worms o a little bit of topic i named him puff and im geting another freind for him i got my biger tank it came with lights under tank heater and all its a 75

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Unfortunately mealies are one of the worst foods you can feed especially to a baby beardie. Too much chitin and can cause impaction.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Under tank heaters are not good for dragons.

For silkworms Mulberry farms
I have never ordered horns so I don't have one.
Phoenix worms are great for babies, very healthy and no hard shell. I just google these and check different sites since the price changes a lot on these

As Li said mealworms horrible to feed and dangerous to babies. Be sure to feed worms no larger then the space between the eyes.

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
beardie_joe said:
all he loves mealworms i might try silks and horn worms o a little bit of topic i named him puff and im geting another freind for him i got my biger tank it came with lights under tank heater and all its a 75

Please don't do this. :( Bearded dragons don't like friends. They're territorial animals, and even in a 75 gallon tank they'll probably fight and kill each other. And also watch the under tank heater, beardies can't sense heat from below and might burn their bellies if you're not careful.

Latest posts