• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Suction cup Hammock Trouble

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I just got a Reptile Hammock yesterday, has suction cup attachment.. But 1 cup continuously loses it's vacuum. I've cleaned the area and cup well. reattached and within 2 mins..POP! any fixes? Otherwise will revert to removing suction cups, and screw it to the viv instead

drgnfly2265

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I the same problem with one of mine too. I had to put one of the cups on while still damp and then hold it there for a good minute. After that it hasn't moved since. Hope that helps ;)

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
drgnfly is right. if your viv is glass try a little "spit", works every time. if it's wood though, forget it. my wooden ones had to be screwed in.

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yeah it's wood. but found holding it on for 2mins, it's stuck...for now...lol

tdharris70

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Another thing to use is those self sticking hooks that you can get at wal mart they are really cheap. Those are a really safe way of doing it :)

tdharris70

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
They hold quite a bit and for the weight of the dragon and the cloth well LOL it aint much. I made my own out of a dish towel and those hooks. Works great. :)

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i think im gonna have to try that. my dragons are always knocking those suction cups off. thanks for the idea!:)

Julie

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
yup i'm having to resort to those for his desert plants too.. little monkey climbs the desert vines to highest point and hooks his little nails around suction cup.. clever little bugger

Latest posts