• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Subtle color changes

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
I'm noticing some color changes with Gina as time progresses. The pictures show the subtle orange tones around her lower jaws. The first picture will be when I first brought her home roughly 3 months ago. The second is a picture of her two weeks ago and I noticed that she shed skin around her head and jaw and you can see the deep orange tones. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm not concerned just curious. Thanks!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439067403.295024.jpg

Ben Rivera

Hatchling Dragon
The last two pictures were taken today. The last pic shows the orange spikes under her chin.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
She doesn't even look like the same dragon! It's normal for the oranges to come out as they get older. I have the same thing with mine. Dexter is a yellow dragon she gets the orange around her beard and face but it's more of a pinky/orange color. As she gets older the yellow comes out more and it's freaky because she looks like she's getting yellow fungus on her belly but when you look closer you can see it's just her normal color.

Latest posts