• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Subadult beardie weight stagnating/losing size..?

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Hey y’all I had a quick question. I bred beardies last year that had a hatch date of 4 JUL 2019 which puts them at almost a year old now. I kept one of the babies, and gave one to each of my little brothers (2 total) and sold the rest. My littlest brother ended up taking the runt who turned out to be a micro scale that almost looks hypo (he’s way lighter than the rest but doesn’t have clear nails) and he’s been growing pretty well. My middle younger brother took a decent sized normal spine and he’s getting pretty good sized now. I took the largest leatherback who had been growing pretty substantially up until a few weeks ago. The normal spine has actually surpassed him since and the leatherback seems to not be gaining weight, but actually losing weight. He is still definitely healthy looking although he is not nearly as full bodied as he used to be. Just wondering if maybe he’s hitting a length growth spurt that causes him to not look as rotund? Also another thing, he has started to not eat crickets almost ever. And his greens he does not take as much as he used to. However he will devour super worms like no tomorrow. He’s in a 45 gallon tank with a nice basking rock temp is around 105 degrees Fahrenheit on the rock and on the cool end where his hide is is around 85. Full UVB tube light 3/4 length of the terrarium. Substrate is paper towels. Any help or guidance would be appreciated and if you need more info please ask! Thank y’all so much!

BeardieT

Hatchling Dragon
Also to add the UVB is a T5 inside the terrarium suspended about 12 inches above him. Also he is very active and has a set schedule via power output timer. Every morning when the lights flick on he’s up with his beard fluffed getting some sun and every night he’s out by the time the lights are. In between he runs around the cage at his leisure.

Latest posts