• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stuck.. what to do next?

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I'm new to this forum along with being a beardie mommy. I've recently purchased a baby dragon, Milo. We fell in love with him right away. He's just so calm and laid back. On BlackFriday we had gone to the petstore to pick up a few items half priced, when we saw baby beardies on sale. We had to get another! we put them together in a 30 gallon. They new dragon,Paradise, began waving, but Milo would just go about his day and pay no attention. About a week into it Paradise became very territorial. Milo wasn't eating right or getting enough basking time. We decided to separate them. But both of them have stress marks and aren't eating like normal. We love on them and play with them. We just don't know what else to do... And as you can tell in pics, they're close in age and size. But Milo's older and longer.
Milo:
about 10-11 weeks old?
15g
about 7 in or so?
75watt halogen basking bulb hottest is 108*
coolside 80*
currently 5.0 reptisun also 10.0 reptiglo
14/10

*Milo on Paradise
151074_180774898601380_100000066124384_671640_3068823_n.jpg

Paradise:
age?
12g
about 5 1/2 in?
50watt halogen basking
moved 10.0 reptiglo to his new 10 gal tank
14/10

*we have reptisun 10.0 in mail

*Paradise on Milo
76555_178712058807664_100000066124384_657136_7366924_n.jpg

Vero&Mike​

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They should be housed seperatly. Can they see each other? That could be causeing stress. I had to put my dragons in different rooms because they could see each other and got stressed. The stress marks could also just be relocation stress. How long have you had them?

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
they cannot see eachother. Milo has stayed in the same cage but we did change it around a bit. I suppose it is relocation stress... well I could give them a few days to see how everything works out. Thanks A lot! :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If they are both separate now and they can't see each other you just need to give it some time. Don't forget, this little guy has been relocated twice. It can take some time to readjust. I would put him in his tank and just leave him other than feedings.

They are both cute!

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks :) We'll be sure to keep them away from each other. And keep you posted!
And they are our lil beauts :p

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sometimes a dragon can hear the other dragon. Are they in separate rooms?

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
really? No they're in same room but blocked from eachother. They both seem to be doing better. Do they have to be in separate rooms? or a room distance away without seeing eachother?

Milo like's this Forum!
72076_180960098582860_100000066124384_673009_125590_n.jpg

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Love that pic!! I actually had one that was not thriving when he was little because I had him in a room all to himself. I put his cage right across from Yo who is very mellow. The stimulation actually was what he needed. He is my biggest boy now. But I hear from others that their guys stress out if they catch a glimpse of each other. I would not move them again. That would be 3 moves for your little one in a short time!!

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
we use to pull them out and play with them at the same time. I never saw any sign of dominance. Except for their first bath and Paradise flipped out and jumped on Milo. But other than that they had white bellies and would run around. It was only in the cage that I saw Paradise waving and getting on top of Milo.
Now Milo runs and jumps everywhere in his cage! He's crazy :p But still has a few stress marks. And is eating very few once a day.
Paradise on the other hand has started exploring his new cage but still just sits there.. and when he sees us he gets all black. We're sure its because he's mad at us.. then he forgives us when he's out and crawls back up our hands and gives us a hard time when putting him back in his cage. rascal.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Keep an eye on them. Separate rooms was only a suggestion. Some dragons do stress when they here other dragons/birds/pets. If they show signs of improvement, then most likely it was relo stress.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I didn't mean to contradict you Renee!!! :-* You are right about some dragons getting stressed at the mere rustle of another critter in the room. Mine are all around the same age and I got them them in all in one year so they have grown up being used to hearing many other critters in a room!!

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Vesta, no worries. I was simply answering Olea's comments in her post. ;)

Olea said:
really? No they're in same room but blocked from eachother. They both seem to be doing better. Do they have to be in separate rooms? or a room distance away without seeing eachother?

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thank you both Renee and Vesta. I'm sure it just depends on the animal themselves.

Latest posts