• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stuck Shed

Forrest T.

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, my female beardie (approx five years old) developed yellow coloration around a single scale about a year ago. I had no clue what it was. I speculated yellow fungus due to the yellow coloration, but it was on just one scale and didn't spread. I soaked her in diluted betadine a few times, and the scale popped off when she shed. I mean, it came off; there's a hole. I am somewhat relieved because the infection (?) is no longer present. However, she began to shed in that area again a few weeks ago, and the shed is still there. I've soaked her many times and gently scrubbed the area with a toothbrush, but the corners won't peel. It's worrying me, and I don't know what to do. I've owned five other beardies and never encountered a situation like this. Perhaps she is developing a new scale? I'm unsure. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Forrest

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey, my female beardie (approx five years old) developed yellow coloration around a single scale about a year ago. I had no clue what it was. I speculated yellow fungus due to the yellow coloration, but it was on just one scale and didn't spread. I soaked her in diluted betadine a few times, and the scale popped off when she shed. I mean, it came off; there's a hole. I am somewhat relieved because the infection (?) is no longer present. However, she began to shed in that area again a few weeks ago, and the shed is still there. I've soaked her many times and gently scrubbed the area with a toothbrush, but the corners won't peel. It's worrying me, and I don't know what to do. I've owned five other beardies and never encountered a situation like this. Perhaps she is developing a new scale? I'm unsure. Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,
Forrest
Please post a pic of the dragon --- too many baths are going to dry the scales out ---

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh, don't worry. I give her a bath maybe once every two to three days, and they last approximately 15 mins
Thats too many --- dragons should not be bathed unless that is the only way they drink---- or if they have pooped themselves---

Forrest T.

Hatchling Dragon
Thats too many --- dragons should not be bathed unless that is the only way they drink---- or if they have pooped themselves---
Hm..I’ve always read that if that have stuck shed, regular baths are recommended.

Forrest T.

Hatchling Dragon
Here are some photos of her:
IMG_0156.jpeg
IMG_0158.jpeg
IMG_0157.jpeg

I suppose it’s a bit hard to tell, but the shed continues to grow where there is a scale absent. That’s why I thought she might be developing a new one. Her shed is hard and crunchy as if it’s ready to come off, but the edges are still glued down.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Latest posts