• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stuck shed or something worse?

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I hope im not coming off as condescending, I genuinely care and want ur beardy to be happy and healthy.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes i know, but everyone seems to give different answers...
So it's hard to know who's information is accurate.
The answer I got about the supplementation was from a vet tech in Texas --- she is pretty good and so is another person I go to thats very helpful and knowledgeable for care of dragons --- you dont want to over do calcium D3 and you dont want to under do it either --- my two are on a calcium D3 2 x per week and the other 3 days regular calcium NO phosphorus -- and weekends are vitamins --- the alternating is done as needed as my two do not get insects every day either - if no insects I give worms and those are dusted w/ whatever is needed at the time--- I am also using a Arcadia 12% bulb --- if you have a dragon that likes his salad and is eating a lot of it you dont need to supplement the vitamins all the time either --- they are going to get a lot of nutrients out of the greens he is fed along w/ other veggies as well ---

thunderlips

Bearded Dragon Egg
The answer I got about the supplementation was from a vet tech in Texas --- she is pretty good and so is another person I go to thats very helpful and knowledgeable for care of dragons --- you dont want to over do calcium D3 and you dont want to under do it either --- my two are on a calcium D3 2 x per week and the other 3 days regular calcium NO phosphorus -- and weekends are vitamins --- the alternating is done as needed as my two do not get insects every day either - if no insects I give worms and those are dusted w/ whatever is needed at the time--- I am also using a Arcadia 12% bulb --- if you have a dragon that likes his salad and is eating a lot of it you dont need to supplement the vitamins all the time either --- they are going to get a lot of nutrients out of the greens he is fed along w/ other veggies as well ---
Alright, im gonna try calcium with d3 2x a week, calcium without d3 3x a week and reptivite with d3 2x a week.

Would one of these kits be good?
Arcadia Pro T5 Kit 12% UVB - 54 W - 117 cm
Arcadia Pro T5 Kit 14% UVB - 54 W - 117 cm

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Alright, im gonna try calcium with d3 2x a week, calcium without d3 3x a week and reptivite with d3 2x a week.

Would one of these kits be good?
Arcadia Pro T5 Kit 12% UVB - 54 W - 117 cm
Arcadia Pro T5 Kit 14% UVB - 54 W - 117 cm
You want the 12% bulb--- unless you have a tank that is 24" or higher do not get the 14% - too strong of a bulb they need height

Latest posts