• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stressed or something else please help!

JessicaLapp

Bearded Dragon Egg
so my girl in her cage normally is fairly dark with some stress circles on her belly...when she comes out she brightens right up and is as happy as can be...the last few days she has been darker than normal in her cage, but continues to brighten up when I take her out. I noticed last night she didn't eat to much, and this morning she barely ate...tonight she hasn't eaten a thing...should i be super concerned or is there a normal behavior of beardies...she is 12 inches (not sure if you needed to know). She has been pooping daily, her basking temp is at 108 and the bottom of the cage is at 82. At night the cage goes down to 72. She was born in february so I wouldn't think brumation. Her body just came out of shed about a week and a half ago, but she has not shed her tail, legs or head lately...let me know if you have any questions I have tried to include all the details I can think of. Is it stress, sick, something else please help!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is quite common for a BD to periodically skip a day or 3 eating. By your post, it is still eating, just not as much & pooping, there should be no cause for concern. If it is being housed alone & this goes on for more than 4-5 days with no food at all, then it is time to maybe have it checked out by a vet. Again, one day is no cause for concern, they have periodic bad days, just like us.

By your previous posts, you have 3 BDs, are they all being housed separately? Posting pics of your setup showing the lighting orientation in relation to the rest of the enclosure, your thermometers & where exactly the temp measurement is taken from, will give the members a much better understanding of the situation. Making it much easier to pinpoint current or potential issues that may be relative to your query.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi, there.

Depending on how old your girl is and how long you've had her, she could be going through some relocation stress at the time.

Gross area. Does her poop smell up the whole house and the room she's in? If so, I would schedule an appointment with a vet and give them a sample to check for parasites and worms. (When they're really sick, they turn dark and stay dark. My baby girl had a pinworm infection and bacterial infection and she was dark with a lot of stress marks. Someone told me that she did look unhealthy and unwell. So I took her to the vet and they gave me a round of antibiotics and panacur for the pinworms. The poor girl brightened up only when she slept on me and it was so hard to get her to be warm.) They can hide their sicknesses and anything wrong with them.