• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stress marks.

Mattalie

Juvenile Dragon
Okay ive been curious for a while. I know the marks on the belly and beard can be because they are stressed but ive also heard they are used to take in more heat. Alex has "stress marks" often but they arent dark. If you look at the most recent picture i posted of him, thats how he almost always looks on his tummy. But other than that he shows no signs of stress. Everything in his cage is correct including temps. I feed him properly. And he is very alert and active. I dont see why he would be stressed. Could this just be the way he is or could there be a hidden problem.

gunkle

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My bd had slight stress marks no matter how perfect I thought his cage was. Typically they lightened almost all the way after being held for a while. About 15 minutes after I put him in his new mansion I built his belly turned pure white and had had no signs of stress marks. Something must have been slightly off from what he wanted in that old cage. My guess is that you have something off just a bit from what he wants. Remember the "correct" setup is an average of what works most of the time. Each dragon may very a bit in what they want there setup to be. As far as darkening to take in more heat I believe that would be his back more than his belly butt I might be wrong there

gunkle

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
If your looking at this on a pc check out the link in my signature. It is the build topic fir his new home.

Latest posts