• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stress increases parasite?

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
My dragon didnt get "Dewormed"
She's currently shedding so I bathe her in warm water and pedialyte (they say it keeps them hydrated)

The problem is I heard that dragons have coccida(some thing like that) and it increases with stress then cause unwanted problems.

apparently she gets stress marks every time she gets bathed.

Should I bathe her only once in 2 days or should I JUST mist her? I'm afraid to mist her and leaving her sit like that in her tank, it might give her respiratory infection.

And is panacur a good Dewormed for my beardie?

Bushmaster11B

Juvenile Dragon
I don't know about the de-worming but try playing some soft soothing music during bath time and only give baths in the AM 1 hour after the lights come on. Try that and see what happens.

gilliesexotics

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hi, pedialyte is sticky. Even diluted i wouldnt soak your dragon in it. Just plain water will be fine.

Panacur does not target coccidia.

When they say stress can elevate parasite levels then causing health issues. These reports are coming from an animal that is typically subjected to high stress situation for long periods of time. Your 5-15 minute baths wont cause parasite levels to raise.

5-10 minute bath...
Babies bath daily.
Juveniles every other day.
Adults 1-2 times a week.

corine milum the

Juvenile Dragon
Hi, pedialyte is sticky. Even diluted i wouldnt soak your dragon in it. Just plain water will be fine.

Panacur does not target coccidia.

When they say stress can elevate parasite levels then causing health issues. These reports are coming from an animal that is typically subjected to high stress situation for long periods of time. Your 5-15 minute baths wont cause parasite levels to raise.

5-10 minute bath...
Babies bath daily.
Juveniles every other day.
Adults 1-2 times a week.
Thanks that helped me x

Latest posts