• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Strange Tongue/Mouth movement

JoshB56

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi All,
I am new to this site. I am writing about a strange thing my 5 (almost 6) year old bearded dragon is doing. I just took him to a vet 2 weeks ago because he was not eating. The vet took blood tests on him and found he has high liver enzymes. He was been on a diet of critical care (banana and apple) and milk thistle for the last two weeks. He has started to eat on his own again and seems a lot more like himself (light colored and very energetic when I take him out). This morning he started doing this strange tongue/jaw thing. Do you guys have any idea why he is doing this? I have attached a few videos below. He seems to do this off and on for a few minutes. I have been watching him for the last 10 minutes or so and he has not done it at all. Please let me know.
Thanks,
Josh

Stutters

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi hi,

I'm not sure about the little wiggle he's doing, I have not seen my boy do that. I feel it's safe to say they all behave differently. Mushu usually does the similar tongue sitch when he is thirsty... But that could be me just doing my weird beardie mama thinking. I hope you get a helpful answer.

Latest posts