• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stopped eating

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
One of my girls has stopped eating. Nothing has changed in her environment or with her schedule. She hasn't eaten any feeders or salad in two days. She is not due for a shed just did last week and she has never had a problem eating before. I put her in her feeding box last night and today and she just looks at me. Any other reasons they just stop eating?

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
She ate a dubia just a small one then snubbed the rest. Trying crickets dubias and supers. My other girl almost died a few months ago and I'm really scared I don't want to lose them. How many days of food refusal should I let pass before I start lookng at a vet

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Id give her a fewbdays but if she not pooping she wnt eat. Maybebshe a bit blocked up keep tryin the baths :)

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm so happy aurora had a huge poop in the bath and then ate 2 dubias and 3 super worms. She acted like she wanted more but they usually get their salad in the morning and feeders at night so I'm hoping she will eat some salad also.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
I'm so happy aurora had a huge poop in the bath and then ate 2 dubias and 3 super worms. She acted like she wanted more but they usually get their salad in the morning and feeders at night so I'm hoping she will eat some salad also.
Aw im.so glad to hear.it. Id still give her a few more baths to make sure she.well emptied. Also whats ur temps at ur beardie needs to be warm to digest her food. :) maybe up ur temps a.little for.a bit.if she struggling to digest. What do u use as substrate?

suzy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Temps are good 95-100 basking. 85-90 cool. About 75 at night. I have a tile substrate and a separate feeding tank. Also I always make sure to leave heat and UVB light on at least 2 hrs after they eat. She seems to be eating well now and pooping as well. I panicked too soon I guess I'm getting the hang of this. . Thanks again for all the advise.

Latest posts