• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stomach twitches and indentation on belly!?!

amanda.miller4551

Bearded Dragon Egg
Does anyone know what is the reason for the indentation? Or what could be causing it? I’ve noticed random twitching/spasms there as well. In which he responds to it by trying to reposition himself so I’m guessing it’s uncomfortable/painful. He is not constipated and has a very healthy appetite. His lighting is brand new (less than a month old) and no other signs or symptoms. I’ve googled everything I could and haven’t found a single explanation as to why this could be happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
CE91F87A-99B6-4C0C-B75C-ABA1AE1793A2.jpeg
image.jpg

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Does anyone know what is the reason for the indentation? Or what could be causing it? I’ve noticed random twitching/spasms there as well. In which he responds to it by trying to reposition himself so I’m guessing it’s uncomfortable/painful. He is not constipated and has a very healthy appetite. His lighting is brand new (less than a month old) and no other signs or symptoms. I’ve googled everything I could and haven’t found a single explanation as to why this could be happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 26222View attachment 26223
He’s definitely got something going on, can you go over diet , and his stools, to me he looks skinny, the fact that hes upright and his belly is indented like you said , id get him an appointment, this isn’t something you want to “wait and see” on, i dont think any amount of advice would benefit him either, he needs an xray(possibly) definitely a stool sample done, and they might do bloodwork on him.

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Does anyone know what is the reason for the indentation? Or what could be causing it? I’ve noticed random twitching/spasms there as well. In which he responds to it by trying to reposition himself so I’m guessing it’s uncomfortable/painful. He is not constipated and has a very healthy appetite. His lighting is brand new (less than a month old) and no other signs or symptoms. I’ve googled everything I could and haven’t found a single explanation as to why this could be happening. Any help would be greatly appreciated! View attachment 26222View attachment 26223
very handsome but looks a bit wrinkly. Maybe a nice warm bath to hydrate would do him good. But please respond to Skybug as she asks important questions

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Any way he could have injured himself? Fell? Another thought is maybe he laid too long in one spot and whatever he was laying on left an indentation? Not sure about the twitches and spasms. Only time I've heard about stomach spasms is in regards to gravid females. If he looks like he's in discomfort I'd do what Skybug suggested and have your vet take a look at him. Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

amanda.miller4551

Bearded Dragon Egg
My older beardie was doing twitches, like hiccups or burps. The vet said he had pinworms. He's fine now after antibiotics & a med to get rid of the pinworms.
I don't remember if he had an indent or not. Just wanted to mention it I case. Hope things get better ASAP!
I really appreciate it! How do they get pin worms? I’ve definitely noticed the hiccup thing you’re talking about! I’m so glad you mentioned it because I looked all over for an answer about that as well but unfortunately never did. It hasn’t happened in a while though. I’m going to call for an appointment to be better safe than sorry.

amanda.miller4551

Bearded Dragon Egg
very handsome but looks a bit wrinkly. Maybe a nice warm bath to hydrate would do him good. But please respond to Skybug as she asks important questions
I was bathing him daily until I was told on another thread that it’s bad for him and could cause an upper respiratory infection. So now He gets a bath every other day and I give him water from a dropper every day as well as greens and bugs. It might be just from the way he was sitting. This is him now and the first pic was from earlier today and nothing happened in between the time. Any other ideas as far as hydration that I could try?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 34

amanda.miller4551

Bearded Dragon Egg
He’s definitely got something going on, can you go over diet , and his stools, to me he looks skinny, the fact that hes upright and his belly is indented like you said , id get him an appointment, this isn’t something you want to “wait and see” on, i dont think any amount of advice would benefit him either, he needs an xray(possibly) definitely a stool sample done, and they might do bloodwork on him.
Skinny!?! Lol his belly touches the floor. But if you really think so I have no problem feeding him much more! Im always told by my husband that I’m over feeding him and he thinks he’s obese! As far as diet: Dubai roaches and mealworms mostly. We use crickets every now and then if the other options are not available. He loves his kale and collard greens. Which he gets one or the other daily. Other than that, we really don’t give him anything else. The mealworms are actually the only thing that has recently been incorporated and to be honest, I’m not a fan of them. I used to feed him mostly dubias and sometimes crickets only! until about a month ago when we weren’t able to get anything else we settled for mealworms. As far as stools, he goes every other day regularly and consistently in the bath or sink water. When I touched his belly today (where the indent was) it didn’t feel hard or abnormal and he didn’t react to me touching it either so at this point I’ll just make him an appointment like you said and be safe rather than sorry! If you having any suggestions or recommendations on diet do’s and don’ts, I would gladly take any help I can get.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 32
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 30
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 34

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I take back what i said, hes a great weight, his stomach was just up against the hammock i guess, would you say hes a reduced scaleing morph or a leather back? That also stumped me cause I thought he was skinny by looking at his hips, crickets are a nasty asty feeder, I honestly hate them so much , i wish they would all go away, if he has parasites im 100% certain they came from those things, next bath day the second he starts to squeeze one out get it on a paper plate or something that way we can see all his liquids, u can sometimes deduce parasites by just looking at it (trust me i have looked at alot of lizard,gecko,turtle,tortoise,amphibians doodoo) i cant really give sound advice on veg diet as i can bearly get my girl to eat salads (shes 1,3months)(they still get offered) but my girls bug diet consists of discoid roaches as her staple 1-3 a day, super worms about 3 times a week , hornworms every other month (cause they’re expensive but worth it!) and ill occasionally occasionally!!! Feed like one or two crickets (only because thats all my baby tokay will eat), have you ever fed hornworms?(my beardies fav) B.S.F.L(Black soldier flies) these are really good supposedly.......my beardie ate ONE :(

Latest posts