• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stocking up for winter

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just a reminder or a suggestion - I always stock up going into winter w/ extra basking bulbs - UVB bulbs I keep on hand anyway - dubia roach food if your feeding dubias along w/ other things that the dragon normally eats the roaches can eat - and having a good amount of them as well - if your dragon is brumating this wont really pertain to you but mine do not fully brumate so I am having to feed them thru the winter - they dont eat a lot but come Feb going into March Hiccup eats like a mad dragon-- then slows down as we get toward warmer weather - the biggest thing are the insects that your feeding and the basking bulbs - people were having a hard time getting staple insects from their local pet stores - it is best NOT to rely on them - find a supplier on the internet that you like and get them from them - we have lots of links for those of you that are buying from those pet stores -- it is also cheaper in the long run-- you never know what winter will bring as far as the weather and you want to be prepared - also hand heat warmers for power outages are good to have on hand as well or the reptile ones you can get for shipping

Latest posts