• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

stitch

smiliemoe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
tonight stitch let me pick him up just for a mI have moment. Today I noticed that the temp in his cage has dropped and not sure how/whqt I need to do. We have a UVA light, a red heat light and a under tank heater and its ready about 85degrees on the hot side. granted its only 20 degrees outside :-[ any ideas.

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
You can use a household lightbulb as a basking light. Doesn't look as cool as the red one, but is great for keeping temps up (just change the wattage as desired) and is cheap to buy.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yep, a household bulb will provide the heat you need along with a basking spot for your dragon. If temps still fall short, you can add a heat emitter to your viv. I've used one during winter months.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
smiliemoe said:
tonight stitch let me pick him up just for a mI have moment. Today I noticed that the temp in his cage has dropped and not sure how/whqt I need to do. We have a UVA light, a red heat light and a under tank heater and its ready about 85degrees on the hot side. granted its only 20 degrees outside :-[ any ideas.

First..under the tank heaters are dangerous. Beardies don't feel heat from below and can be burned. Also, the red heat light interrupts night time. They aren't a good way to heat at night (if needed). Is that temp of 85* at night or during the day. If at night...you really want the temp to drop a bit. You can go as low as 60* before you need night heat.

Latest posts