• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Stitch won't eat. Help!

ProphesizeWithYourPen

Bearded Dragon Egg
Stitch, my 6-month-old Beardie, has been slowly decreasing his appetite and I'm not sure what to do!

At first, he was ravenous, and ate everything. But he was never really interested in his salads, only live prey.

Then he stopped eating worms, and would only eat crickets.

Then he slowed down on his crickets, but was obsessed with Dubia roaches.

Now he will only eat a couple roaches every time I feed him.

What do I do???

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Busy sleeping more? Both of mine are in brumation. All they do is sleep. I usually wake them once every week or two tosee if they want any water. other than that they're down for the winter. I miss them.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It would be strange if a 6 month old was brumating, but not unheard of. Can you check your temperatures again and tell us what they are? Do you provide night time heating? Also, what lighting do you have and how old is it?

ProphesizeWithYourPen

Bearded Dragon Egg
The basking temperature is around 100, the rest of the tank is around 80 something. And yes, I have a ceramic light for heat during the night.

I have the two fixtures for heating, the ceramic and basking spot, as well as a long UV-B light across the tank.