• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

still no poop :(

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys...my little beardie is on day 4 of no poop, even after his bath. Still has an appetite, not a big one but hes still eating which must be a good sign. He had maybe appx 4 crickets each day since Ive had him, 4 on Friday, 4 on Sat and 4 yesterday, I believe he ate 3 this morning. He has also had less than an inch of Kale each day broken into tiny bits (which hes eating)...today im trying dandelion and later squash. Hes still active. Should I give him another bath later or just let him relax and take care of it himself? I know the books say he should eat 20-60 crickets a day but we are no where near that lol! basking temp is 101.1 and he does have a 10.0 UVB bulb. Any thoughts?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
have you rubbed his belly? doese it feel hard? Its possible it may be impacted.

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats what im worried about :( ...I rubbed it, everything is squishy til you get to the base of the tale then there a little bump....

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what do I do to help him through an impaction? hes loving his baths, just gave him another one, but nothing came out :(

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well if it is impaction sounds like it almost there. do belly massage in warm water. we had one impacted a few weeks back we would give it a warm bath rub its belly from the top down towards the vent a cpl times a day. We also used organic baby food prunes and olive oil to help out. It took a few days but she finally passed it

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Im already attatched to this little bugger, I hope he pulls through...not saying I didnt cause it but ive been careful about the size of his food et, however the petstore was feeding all the babys meal worms in bulk and instructed me to do the same..hopefully its not something that came from eating those :/, I only fed them one day and then took them away after learning about their dangers on here, it didnt appear he ate any though so hopefully its just a little stress related issue. Going to the petstore today to replace his log with a ceramic cave just incase hes ingesting pieces of bark. Do you know which baby food flavors work best? Im going to pick some of that up today as well. Thank you!

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i uses prunes my little guy loved it not sure if that's what did it or a combination of things. I'm sure your little guy will be ok give a little more time

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
he should be ok but if you are worried, ask your vet for some lactulose. it stimulates bowel movements and lubricates at the same time. its always good to have around.

Latest posts