• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

STILL GLASS SURFING!

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My bearded dragon is about 3 months old. Ive had him for about 2 months. I’ve posted about this not to long ago. I didn’t get any posts on really how to stop him glass surfing. I can hear him doing it almost every time I see him. He gets out for about an hour a day. He has a 20 gallon tank which is ok for now. In 5 month at Christmas I will get a 75 gallon with a screen door. I wish he would stop. I don’t know why he does this. He will run back and fourth from one end to another of his cage!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 27
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27

cosmoni

Bearded Dragon Egg
What are your temps? He might want to cool down/warm up. Does he poo in his cage? Sometimes they surf because there's poo in there, and they don't wanna be in a room with their poo. If you keep bugs, veggies, or anything that looks like food outside the cage, he might be trying to get to it. They can also surf if they see their reflection in the glass, and as a male he might want to attack it or assert his dominance. You can try taping paper or putting some sort of background on the sides to see if it helps, my girlie doesn't surf as much now that I covered the sides. If that works you can go to more of a permanent cover. Also they really just like attention especially at that age, so you can reach in and give him some pets and kisses and see if that helps.

Sosemisa

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What are your temps? He might want to cool down/warm up. Does he poo in his cage? Sometimes they surf because there's poo in there, and they don't wanna be in a room with their poo. If you keep bugs, veggies, or anything that looks like food outside the cage, he might be trying to get to it. They can also surf if they see their reflection in the glass, and as a male he might want to attack it or assert his dominance. You can try taping paper or putting some sort of background on the sides to see if it helps, my girlie doesn't surf as much now that I covered the sides. If that works you can go to more of a permanent cover. Also they really just like attention especially at that age, so you can reach in and give him some pets and kisses and see if that helps.
He poops in his cage but I usally clean it out once I see it. I’m pretty sure he is a girl..... I checked but I am so use to calling him and him I just stuck with it. I have the background taped so he doesn’t glass surf. But he still does it there!!! I usally get him out when he glass surfs to calm him down or let him run around. I keep the basking side at 90 and the warm at 80 and the cool at 75. I don’t leave food out for him to see. It’s all on a different floor. I don’t know what the problem is!

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
He's probably just trying to move around but can't go anywhere. I'd recommend getting a bigger enclosure before Christmas. Even then though, my bearded dragon, who I've had for almost 4 years now, has a big enough cage for her to run around, but still glass surfs.

Steve032020

Bearded Dragon Egg
He could be hungry,or as said earlier, he could be seeing his reflection. Mine is a little more than a year or so. I put up a backdrop and covered one side with an old flannel shirt. She hasnt been doing it nearly as much since I increased her food and put those two things up.

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So I've noticed that Dex does not surf anymore since he hit his last little growth spurt. Not sure why? He just suddenly stopped. His appetite is now ravenous (he eats like a horse) and his little belly is more round and full than it's ever been. He basks more than he did before. Have no idea what happened to make him stop, but I haven't seen him do it in a while now. I haven't changed anything as I hadn't figured out what was wrong. Weird. 'Course he's entertained by his hammock and by the bush that's hanging on the side of his cage now, but not sure I can attribute that to his ceasing.

BeardedDragonDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So I've noticed that Dex does not surf anymore since he hit his last little growth spurt. Not sure why? He just suddenly stopped. His appetite is now ravenous (he eats like a horse) and his little belly is more round and full than it's ever been. He basks more than he did before. Have no idea what happened to make him stop, but I haven't seen him do it in a while now. I haven't changed anything as I hadn't figured out what was wrong. Weird. 'Course he's entertained by his hammock and by the bush that's hanging on the side of his cage now, but not sure I can attribute that to his ceasing.
When they're younger they tend to glass surf more.