• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Still acting strange

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
My BD has almost finished her shed, she still has under her eyes and around her mouth to go (which is coming off this morning) all she's eaten over the past week is very little, collard greens and waxworms. She used to eat a lot and poop once every week but now she keeps going every day in very small amounts and dragging her rear end after she's finished for a bit (i've never seen her poop before so i don't know if this is normal behaviour) the poo looks normal just in small amounts my main concern is her complete lack of interest for prey :/

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
*shes also very frantic running around, climbing, scratching and glass dancing i hope she doesn't hurt herself normally she's very lazy and stays still most of the day

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Poor thing! Yeah, it's totally weird how little they want to eat when they're going through a shed. It's like it's absolutely traumatic for them when they get bigger.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm so worried :( she still won't eat she's so skittish in her viv its got me worried sick! she's loosing weight and she's all floppy
Don't be too worried unless something else is going on, Em. She's gonna keep herself alive during her shed, she's just gonna be miserable and not eat much. Some will refuse all food while shedding. What do you mean by all floppy? And I hate to hear that she's losing weight too, would make me want to tell you to do something as well.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
when i hold her she struggles to get free but at the same time she completely relaxes her stomach muscles and just moves her legs so she goes flexible like a snake! she doesn't hold her weight up but she moves fast, idk its strange :/ I did a check for Herp vets in my area and the nearest one is 20 miles away!
the thing i'm most worried about is the fact her shed appears to be over now but she's still running around and glass dancing like crazy all day pooping all the time because she's so stressed, what is she stressed about? i just want things to be back to normal :(

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
when i hold her she struggles to get free but at the same time she completely relaxes her stomach muscles and just moves her legs so she goes flexible like a snake! she doesn't hold her weight up but she moves fast, idk its strange :/ I did a check for Herp vets in my area and the nearest one is 20 miles away!
the thing i'm most worried about is the fact her shed appears to be over now but she's still running around and glass dancing like crazy all day pooping all the time because she's so stressed, what is she stressed about? i just want things to be back to normal :(
Have you tried to put her in a lay box?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Oh my! She's probably already laid, hasn't she? Do you still need this information?

Just in case you do:
Get a tote or a 10 gallon tank and fill it up (giving her room to be on top of it, of course) with moistened substrate, there are a few to choose from: vermiculite, perilite, childrens washed playsand I like to mix with something like perilite or organic potting soil. It's too heavy by itself but good tunneling material. Make sure you give heat and uvb during the process, it can take a while. They might just dig around for an hour the first couple days, give them privacy to figure out what they need to do.

Can you feel eggs in her belly? I could be off my mark, but she is at the right age. Between 1-2 years they will reach sexual maturity, and they can hold on to sperm for 6 months, so how long have you had her?

Latest posts