• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Still a work in progress...

Jaime

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Still working on my beardie...he isnt friendly yet and is certainly nervous but no more biting since that one day. Still wishing he would come around but we moved his viv to the dining room to help get him people friendly...sigh...this is a long long process...Are males generally grumpier than females?...I dont know for sure but his head is much bigger than the rest of him and has been since day 1 so I would think its safe to assume hes a boy. Ive been reading on posts here and there on this site that females tend to be more social..sure wish I knew this before I bought him lol. Just out of curiousity...how long did it take for your beardie to become social and active with the family and what did you do to encourage it. I know everyone does something different so it would be cool to know all the diff things ppl have done. (exclude hand feeding, been there done that and got some nasty bites to proove it lol!)..Also at one age did you begin holding and taking your beardie out of his cage?

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think moving him 2 a more social setting will help, letting him see everyone in the house interact is better than him being by himself getting random visits from different people. Be patient, his behavior is instinctual.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
With our boy that not keen on getting handled we would sit with our hand palm down in his viv, just till he got used to our smell, after that we would sit with palm up while he was running round his viv, once he started coming on our hands we would then lift him slightly off the floor then put him back down, just until he got used to the feeling if being lifted up and down. He is so much better now than he was, although he still has his moments when he doesnt want to be lifted. It was a slow process, but worth it. What we also noticed was before we put him in the viv he is in now it was a top opening viv he had and he hated to be lifted from above, or even when you were puting his greens in etc he would puff his beard etc, now his viv opens from the front and he can see you coming he is so much more settled too.

Latest posts