• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sterilite container.

B.D home;

• Sterilite Container/ Sterilite Bin

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Terrarium

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
I was wondering if I can house my bearded dragon in a Sterilite container / sterilite bin? :p

I know that plastic has a melting possibility if I use the heating-pad / heat-light but from my research, there are people who have attached the heating pad under their sterilite container without any problem. so I’ll just have to buy a good quality container

The UVB light will be on a clamp attached on the side of the sterilite container instead of it resting directly like those tank ones do. The container height will be tall enough to ignore the lid but if it isnt tall enough then i'll make some adjustments.

Before calling me cheap:
Non-Animal enthusiast PARENTS pretty much degrade a pet’s worth. So I hope you get the point.
:p

Ps: if a container has a possibility of killing a B.D then im buying exo terra’s juvenile bearded dragon desert terrarium that costs 1,600.

But I still don’t know my B.D’s age till he/she arrives in a week or two. So if I get a container, it will help me A LOT to place him/her till I either get a suitable permanent container or a suitable permanent terrarium/vivarium/tank whatever that means a desert home and good for my soon pampered B.D :p

Last edited:

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
Heating pads can really burn dragons they arnt safe for them at all. I would suggest becoming a member of petsmart and pet co. They can have awesome deals on stuff. I got my 40 gal breeder tank for 60% off the normal price. It was 100 bucks and i got it for 40. So it really does pay to check them often. Personally I would not get a dragon untill I have everything I need to take care of it.

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
I would suggest becoming a member of petsmart and pet co. They can have awesome deals on stuff.

Would a proper bedding avoid burns? :S

I'm leaving the U.S in few days, we dont have petsmart/petco in my country but we do have many other pet supply shops that im going to check with especially the exo terra reptile shop im sure they have everything. sadly i cant carry a 40 gallon tank from petco/petsmart with me in the airport lol or it would be an extreme easier process.

Personally I would not get a dragon untill I have everything I need to take care of it

I know, and im 100% with what you said but it is a very complicated story to tell.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
Ya your Situation sounds like it might pose some problems. There are some composit tanks that are pretty good. But I can't really Recommend anything without knowing your mode of travel. If you live in the UK there are tons of sites that sell nice tanks.

reptyfae

Hatchling Dragon
ah many problems im just glad the beardie isnt arriving very soon because after getting back to my country, im traveling again. I'll just stay away from sterilite container and find a suitable tank to prepare ASAP. thanks :p

Latest posts