• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Squinting one eye

daisymonster

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have had "Boo" for about a month now. I got him from a lady who did not have time for him. I have done a lot of reading and think I am doing everything right. I have a 40 gallon enclosure, I have a Powersun 100 watt bulb, he eats good and is doing quite well with me picking him up now.

My concern is the about the last 4 days he has been squinting his right eye? There is no crusty stuff or running that would indicate an infection. Should I be worried.

clh321

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey, spike has been doing the exact same thing with his right eye. i am wondering if he is ok too. he has been doing it for a while now. his eye looks ok though.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most likely he is just focusing on something with the open eye. It is perfectly normal. As long as there is no gook around the eye, you should be fine.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It may be your Powersun. A lot of the MVBs now have been changing the way they are made and they are letting out too much UV which will make the dragon's close one eye or both depending how they are looking at the light. The Powersuns have been known to have issues like this.

Ric

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I tried both wattages of the powersun. Both cause my dragon to run away and hide. As soon as put on a reptisun 10.0 all was gravy and basking

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I had a 100 watt powersun on Semi for two weeks. At the beginning he just squinted, when I took it out he was keeping both eyes shut and could/would not open them. In a day after I turned it off and replaced it with his old Mega Ray EB light, he was opening his eyes. It took him a couple of weeks to get's his eyes back to where they were before the powersun.

Latest posts