• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

squash

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
how do we prepare the squash? i thought i saw somewhere that you had to cook it before you fed it to them, but how do you cook them?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I don't. I just wash off the rind, and using the big metal thing with holes, Grater, and grate enough to mix with the greens I'm feeding that day...
Hope this helps out !

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I peel the skin. Don't know if you have to but I do. I use a veggie peeler and peel off slices for thier salads. I also use it raw.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I peel it and chop it or grate it. Use it raw as well . . . . but I also read you can cook it even though i have never done that, she likes it raw

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
for butternut squash I peel it and chop it up very small. For yellow squash I just wash it and cut it up very small. Also be careful how much you give...it can give them some runny smelly poop if you feed it to them too much. I about went to the vet thinking he had worms and all it was was feeding too much squash.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
lol ok thanks. they don't eat a bunch of salad when i give it to them, so i think they should be ok :) i used a cheese grater then chopped it in a hand chopper. they don't like eating out of their dish, but like when i toss it on the ground for them. so spoiled ::)

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I peel it and cube it, then put in my small food processor that grinds it up to tiny pieces. If I grate it, I also grate my knuckles and bleed all over. ::) Mine love it when I steam it just until soft, they all eat it from a plastic spoon. I don't give it very much that way because it seems if it is steamed, it causes loose poopies.

Latest posts