• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spots on my Dragons belly.....

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Guys,
MY Dragon hasn't eaten in over a week. Has has has picky issues with food, started on crickets, then dubias, then wax worms in that order. All in that order. He no longer accepts anything. He was pooping once a day on average. Lighting is spot on, T5 Reptisun, and 150 watt Basking bulb. Temps in basking areas are 100 to 115. He has never hunted for food. I always had to drop food in front of him, them he would eat. It's been a good week since he ate anything, now I see these spots in him? Any advice?
ae89dec9b25cf7c9a1cd72f39d1a6ede.jpg

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
welcome - to what spots are you referring? how old is he? how long have you had him ? where are you? what greens / veggies do you offer? can you provide a pic of the tank? have you tried super worms? baby food? what's his activity level? any change in activity level?

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
He's in a 40 gallon National GEO setup, veggies I've tried everything, kale, Arugala, spinach, strawberries, a banana, he's always been super lazy, on his stomach, there are weird spots...

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
Sorry, forgot to mention, he is 5 months bad. He has grown, weight has doubled in first 2 months.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
those are normal markings - you can see them further down on his legs and tail also. how much they eat will influence how much they poop. my boy is currently semi-bromating (he may be up, or not. he may sleep or not. he may eat or not) usually he poops once a day - recently he's been pooping once or twice a week. my girl WILL NOT poop in her tank - ONLY when she gets out and usually in her bath - once a week. My first boy I had for 3 weeks before he pooped (yes - I was a bit concerned) you might think about hand feeding him from a syringe - this is double sided. you may get nutrtion in him, but he may expect to be hand fed. if he's lazy - this may be more of an issue. get an oral syringe from your pharmacy - they have them to give kids liquid meds. 5 or 10 ml. just stick the tip of the syringe barely inside the side of his mouth. and push the plunger a bit. when I give my kids water this way, they usually start licking right away. I would suggest some organic baby food. it's pre-pureed. you can make your own (and add bugs to your hearts desire) you might want to play with it and the syringe a bit before you try feeding your kid. has he lost weight ? how active is he?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes - although 5 months is a bit young. how's his weight? That would be the biggest concern. Although during brumation they don't lose a significant amount of weight, they can lose weight. because of his age - that would be my primary concern. I would continue to encourage him to eat. it may be worth a recommendation to have him vet checked for parasites.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Young beardies can go through a partial brumation where they do not go into full blown brumation and sleep 24/7 but just slow down a little. Have you noticed him falling asleep sooner or taking frequent cat naps through out the day? Also, how often is he basking?

Those spots you see are referred to as "stress marks" though they do not usually indicate stress they can be an indication something is bothering him. A picture of your set up would be really helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
He weighs 1.5oz, he weighed 1.4, 4 weeks ago.
He's also 9 inches long, 8 3/4 4weeks back...

Steven Simon

Hatchling Dragon
So I just cleaned her up so cage out, had a fresh carpet to put down, I always rotate 2. I put him back in the cage with the tree on the right, but nothing else, left all this sides and rocks our, so left side of cage was just green carpet. I put down 4 wax worms and a few dubias. He ate 4 wax..... Is it possible he is partially blind? When I bought him, the sales guy was telling me he was hypo melanstic? Clear nails?? What does this tell you? He doesn't eat for a week, I clean his cage out, and put him on a more open carpet, and he eats....

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well - tells me he was hungry. really - who knows? maybe there was something in there he didn't like ? hypo melanistic have clear nails. that's about the extent of MY knowledge on that subject. he could be partially blind. but melanistic has nothing to do with that. one day at a time

Latest posts