• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Spike is awake....2nd time around!!

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think my little Spike is awake for good now. He has been sleeping since the end of October. I woke him once....only lasted 10 days. I recently bought a CHE and raised the temp and that seemed to help. Temp had been in low 60's for most of brumation. So....the last few days he has been opening his eyes. I gave him a warm bath this morning and he loved it....and, the best part, the little booger ate 12 big crix!! I am so proud of him. He basked, window danced, and roamed around his enclosure. He put himself under his hammock and went to sleep about 5 pm. Didn't eat any greens....maybe tomorrow. He never has liked those darn greens!!

For those that haven't gone through a beardie brumation it is sort of scary. Thank you all on this forum that offered me encouragement, advice and support. :rolleyes:

Pat B

Super Moderator
I think he woke up because he missed Allie!! He had a good day. He ate some greens, roamed around my house, and went to sleep early!!

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Jessie will be two in July and he never went into sleep. Not yet anyway

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! :)

Allie's having another shed. Now she's shedding the lower portion of her stomach and she rubbed the heck out of her eye shed on her basking log and non-stop noise until she got her crickets. :)

river-7

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well Pat; it's about time lol-he didn't know to sleep or not for a while. Glad he's back to normal for you and hoping next year brings a little shorter sleep and maybe he will shock you and not go to sleep next year. Her's hoping. bella

Ozzie&Dino

Juvenile Dragon
I know a girl that has a 3yr old Beardie and I asked her if hers has ever went into Brumation and she said whats that and I told her and she said no so I guess some do and some don't. Glad Spike is awake and eating like a champ. Dino ate 2 super worms and seriously I think I will quit feeding these worms all together. Dino bit into one and bit all but the head was left and that thing moved for at least 15 min after. Do you think it is true that they can eat through a beardies tummy? Now I am super freaked out

Latest posts