• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SOS!

OhHeyCiara

Bearded Dragon Egg
In a matter on 6 hours he went from one, somewhat common symptom.... to all of a sudden his beard turned black, he frantically ran around the tank, tried to vomit, and is now extremely lethargic.

Someone help! I got him the day before yesterday (from a pet store ), and he hasn't eaten anything since being with me! I tried to feel for impaction, but there doesn't seem to be anything. He has pooped, which was dehydrated.... but I've been trying to remedy that. Crap. Crap Crap crap

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-01-25-22-55-08.png
    Screenshot_2018-01-25-22-55-08.png
    299 KB · Views: 21

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Dont panic, it could take a week or more for him to settle in, relocation stress is normal. In that time dont worry if his appetite isnt what it should be, it wont be long before he is eating you out of house and home.

OhHeyCiara

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'd take him eating me out of house and home right now! I have a produce store locally and his salad only costs me about $1.50-2/ week. GREAT PRICES. Makes up for paying so much for crickets. Lmao

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I guess you have to look at it from its perspective. He has just come from a pet store ,where he was probably housed with other dragons, so he is probably used to not eating that much to begin with...depending on where he was in the pecking order for food. Now hes in a strange place with as much food as he wants and no competition, he is probably a bit overwhelmed. Its best not to handle them too much until they settle down and realise that you arent a threat to them. Some dont like being watched when they eat for that reason. The more he relaxes into his environment and feels secure, the more he will eat.

OhHeyCiara

Bearded Dragon Egg
I guess you have to look at it from its perspective. He has just come from a pet store ,where he was probably housed with other dragons, so he is probably used to not eating that much to begin with...depending on where he was in the pecking order for food. Now hes in a strange place with as much food as he wants and no competition, he is probably a bit overwhelmed. Its best not to handle them too much until they settle down and realise that you arent a threat to them. Some dont like being watched when they eat for that reason. The more he relaxes into his environment and feels secure, the more he will eat.

I've tried to keep my handling to 3 times a day when I offer crickets in a separate feeding enclosure, and give him a few sips of water. Should I make it less?

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah, first week or 2 you dont want to handle them at all really but if your feeding them in a seperate container there is no avoiding it I guess. I left mine alone for 2 weeks, gradually allowing them to get used to my hands when I fed them. I didnt pick them up until I could scoop them up from underneath without them trying to escape. My girl was very nervous when I got her, she did not like being picked up at all...still doesnt really, but tolerates it.

OhHeyCiara

Bearded Dragon Egg
He still hasn't eaten, but I think it's because I was mistaken about the shed. He stared scraping his face against the ground today. And on an even better note, most of the stress marks went away and he climbed to go to sleep. :)