• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

SOS is this tail rot?

Bridget

Bearded Dragon Egg
It looked like this basically since i got her but im getting worry cause shes not eating enough bugs or veggies so im not sure whats wrong!

Attachments

• 00755F15-9E1E-4E4C-A051-CD7760B81DD6.jpeg
    00755F15-9E1E-4E4C-A051-CD7760B81DD6.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • D79C8894-8947-43DE-93AC-10C071247AD8.jpeg
    D79C8894-8947-43DE-93AC-10C071247AD8.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 10
  • 1DF4FA28-D642-4722-90EF-ABD44CDC7585.jpeg
    1DF4FA28-D642-4722-90EF-ABD44CDC7585.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 11

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Sadly it kind of does on the very tip, can you press into that part with your nail and see if he reacts at all? Just keep adding pressure and if he still doesn’t move than that part of the tail is likely dead and he’ll need a vet visit. You can also start giving him betadine bath twice a day to stop any infections (25% betadine 75% water solution). As long as the infection is stopped there is no need to worry and he’ll likely not need surgery at all. Hope this helps :)

Bridget

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sadly it kind of does on the very tip, can you press into that part with your nail and see if he reacts at all? Just keep adding pressure and if he still doesn’t move than that part of the tail is likely dead and he’ll need a vet visit. You can also start giving him betadine bath twice a day to stop any infections (25% betadine 75% water solution). As long as the infection is stopped there is no need to worry and he’ll likely not need surgery at all. Hope this helps :)
Thankyou!! I just did it pretty lightly and she did react! So what does that mean??

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thankyou!! I just did it pretty lightly and she did react! So what does that mean??
Its not dead and still has feeling -- if it was tail rot it would be dead and have no feeling - then you would need to watch for infection creeping up the tail but since its not dead your good --

Bridget

Bearded Dragon Egg
Its not dead and still has feeling -- if it was tail rot it would be dead and have no feeling - then you would need to watch for infection creeping up the tail but since its not dead your good --
Oh my! What a relief! Thanks soso much!

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That’s awesome that she can still feel it, just keep an eye on it and call the vet if anything changed or if it starts moving fast up the tail :)

Latest posts