• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Soooooo...how many critters do you have?

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Carpet pythons are fantastic pets, once you get past the nippy juvenile stage. Coastals have the potential to get rather large, but I'm not expecting to see anything over 9 feet. I'd be thrilled to see 13 though! I cant say that any of my kiddos are particularly messy. I don't know if I can pick a favorite python, but green trees are absolutely beautiful, and are definitely on my wish list.

That's a relief I don't want my future coastal taking over whatever room he lives in.
Yes indeed, hard to pick a favorite python. Even the basic ball pythons absolutely thrill me :) There's another species called the black headed python from Australia that is absolutely gorgeous, a black head as the name suggests and a brownish zebra striped body. Apparently pretty common in captivity but proving very hard to find in America. Most are for sale in Australia in fact the only breeder I know of is actually a talented rock star who breeds snakes as a side hobby. Forget his name. Yeah I'm into all the large constrictors, not the absolutely insane sized ones like the burmese python and reticulated python that actually have potential to hurt people even though I love them too but moderate ones under 12 feet are my passion and I'd happily keep. I'm also a fan of the emerald tree and Mexican rosy boas but for a while the emerald tree was the only boa I had any real interest in until I recently started liking the latter. Heck as far as the insane sized snakes go If I had my own private zoo with a specially designed gigantic habitat I'd love to have a yellow anaconda, the smaller and in my opinion more beautiful of the two anaconda species but even it doesn't usually stay under 15 feet.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If I had my way, I'd have retic's and burms in massive naturalistic enclosures. Maybe even an iguana. Right now we're renting, so my dream can't be realized. My boyfriend isn't a fan of giants either. The largest snake he's approved of is a BC boa. I'd love to have a suriname, I think they are beautiful and just stunning. Black headed pythons are amazing! Though very expensive. In the USA where I am youre looking at 2000 dollars on average. The breeder I work for has a pair. Right now, we're focusing on upgrading enclosures for our growing babies. Melamine or PVC depending on their humidity requirements.

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If I had my way, I'd have retic's and burms in massive naturalistic enclosures. Maybe even an iguana. Right now we're renting, so my dream can't be realized. My boyfriend isn't a fan of giants either. The largest snake he's approved of is a BC boa. I'd love to have a suriname, I think they are beautiful and just stunning. Black headed pythons are amazing! Though very expensive. In the USA where I am youre looking at 2000 dollars on average. The breeder I work for has a pair. Right now, we're focusing on upgrading enclosures for our growing babies. Melamine or PVC depending on their humidity requirements.

Awesome! By the time I get one I bet they'll be much more readily available :) I remember when I first saw a blackhead. I always used to watch the crocodile hunter when I was little and I saw an episode when Steve Irwin pulled one out of a tree and I've been in love with them ever since (I still miss him so much.)

Can't say I've heard of a BC boa. What's that exactly?

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
BI, or boa imperator are the smaller central American boas, like the columbian. BC is boa constrictor, the larger south American boas, like surinames, Guyanas, etc.

I still remember exactly where I was when I heard steve erwin died. It was a tragedy for people world wide.

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
BI, or boa imperator are the smaller central American boas, like the columbian. BC is boa constrictor, the larger south American boas, like surinames, Guyanas, etc.

I still remember exactly where I was when I heard steve erwin died. It was a tragedy for people world wide.

Oh okay! Just looked it up now. Looks a lot a little version of a redtail.

Yeah I'm glad is daughter is continuing some of his work. I'm glad we still have Jeff Corwin too :)

Draeju's_world

Juvenile Dragon
Wow, a lot of you have a zoo on your property. We just have a beardie, many tropical fish, and one fat cat! I'd like to add some Leos and a Panther cameleon to the mix, along with an Olde English Bulldog someday. The girlfriend has a phobia of mice and the like, so snakes are out of the question.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Wow, a lot of you have a zoo on your property. We just have a beardie, many tropical fish, and one fat cat! I'd like to add some Leos and a Panther cameleon to the mix, along with an Olde English Bulldog someday. The girlfriend has a phobia of mice and the like, so snakes are out of the question.
LOL! My niece came over last weekend and she calls the reptile room "the zoo room" LOL!

Allthingsterrarium

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member

Garter snakes have a nice flexible diet and they can eat mostly nightcrawlers and guppies.

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
I'm currently at: 3 dogs, 3 beardies, a ball python, western hognose, leopard gecko, an Oscar (big fish), 2 hedgehogs, a hamster and 2 sugar gliders

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Matt.keith7

Hatchling Dragon
I have 1 beardie, 2 yellow belly slider turtles, 2 dogs, 3 cats, about 15 or so African cichlids, some plecos and a BUNCH of guppies...lol. Full house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

beyourownspotlight

Hatchling Dragon
Currently (In my partners house), there's two dogs (Sif, and Dakota), three chinchillas (Mia, Snowy, Sooty), and the baby of the family Beemo the beardie.

I have a dog at home too, Clyde.