• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Something is wrong with her poop

Dragonaddict

Hatchling Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437785020.807972.jpg

I'm freaking out and something is wrong with her poop I can't figure out why it's scaring me because she looks healthy
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437785089.640234.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
This is why you need to know the temperature AT the basking spot. Babies need a basking spot temperature of at least 110 degrees to properly digest their food. A digital probe thermometer is good you can attach the probe to the basking spot or a temp gun is also a good choice.

Andyurgay

Hatchling Dragon
that doesn't look like a normal poop at all. Even with mashed carrots. Also talking about carrots, they should not get a lot of it. It can cause vitamin A toxicity in dragons, especially little ones if you feed it too much.
I recommend checking out http://www.thebeardeddragon.org/bearded-dragon-faq.php
just too check out what you can or cannot feed, and how much of each veggie. Some are good in small amounts, others not at all.

as for her poop, I would get her off the sand as soon as possible. It has a host of negative effects on beardies, some life threatening. Look into tile, capet or other non loose medium.

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
No need to worry about any plant based Vit A source causing toxicity. Thats pretty much exclusively caused by over supplementing with vitamin powders or from organ meat sources (both are preformed Vit A). While you dont want to feed too much of any vegetable, carrots have provitamin A (beta carotene and alpha carotene), and there is basically no risk of toxicity from that. As a matter of fact, since most of the insects we feed are typically low in Vit A, carrots in the diet are good in rotation

Latest posts