• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

something in bearded dragons nostrils PLEASE HELP

Jemma Ryder

Bearded Dragon Egg
Blue is almost four years old now, she'll be four in March, and I've had her for four years in July. I just pulled her out of brumation, Blue has had many health problems in the past since she came from PetSmart so every year i pull her out a little early, so she dosen't lose to much weight, but she's been in good health for two years now besides a small parasite infection (giardia). Weight is roughly four hundred grams, I'd like her to be heavier, but she has trouble gaining weight.
Today I was bathing her and noticed some small, tan, bead-like things stuck in her right nostril. I managed to pull one out, put it in a plastic bag to show to my vet, but I'm not even going to try to get the others out since I'm worried I'll push them in further. I'm booking a vet appointment ASAP, but I probably won't be able to get one until Monday so, I'm wondering if anybody has seen this before?
I'm not sure if she inhaled something or maybe it's some mite infestation but either way, I have a terrible feeling.

Jemma Ryder

Bearded Dragon Egg
Can you post photos?
okay, thank you so so much, sorry i wasted your time i called my vet and took a closer look. I took a close up photo and they're blueberry seeds, i fed her some yesterday. So my vet said to keep an eye on it and if i think theres a problem i can bring her in tommorow morning. thank you so much for replying, since Blue is a rescue i panic when there's the slightest issue because literaly anything can send her into a decline. thanks so much again.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
OMG! Only a beardie could manage to do something like that!

Jemma Ryder

Bearded Dragon Egg
OMG! Only a beardie could manage to do something like that!
I have no idea how she got them lodged up in there, I'm going to take her to the vet Monday if she doesn't get them out by then. Suffice to say i won't be feeding her blueberries again anytime soon.

Latest posts