• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Someone Please Help!!!! (won't eat or drink)

David44379

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please help. I do not know what to do I just got a baby beardie from petco and the first couple days he ate, drank and was fine. But know he barely eats and he wont drink. I am pretty sure the dragon is dehydrated because when lightly pinch the skin on the back it does not roll back. His eyes look kind of sunk. I have tried the drip method, which is dripping water on the nose and i have tried adding fruit juice to the water, i have tried moving and rippling the water trying to have him drink but he still wont. What do i do? The baby has a 29 gallon tank with nice hideaways and basking spot, the heat is right. So I do not know what to do.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Picture of the baby?

They do go through relocation stress. They may eat at first, but when they realize they aren't going anywhere they get a little weary and need to adjust to their new surroundings and their people. If you are using a glass tank, you can cover 3 sides of the tank with paper to make him feel a bit more secure.

Don't add fruit juice to the water, it's high in sugar and not good for the dragon.

BeardedHippy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
not many beardies will drink from standing water in a dish anyway, most of us dont bother even putting one in as it only increases the humidity. They should get most of the water they need from their food. If you can get him to eat any veg that will help a lot. Beardies have incredibly efficient livers that process every drop of water from the food they eat.

Latest posts