• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some questions on my buddys Poop

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey whats going on peoples. Well Ive had my dragon for 8 days now. First day he ate crickets, 2nd day he did not and so forth..... So then I started feeding wax worms, but I know they are fatty so I only gave him some for the 2nd, third and fourth day..... Then I started to feed him Carrots and grapes. He eats them on a regular now.... But today I fed him some and then went to Poop on his new Rock. I looked at it and saw it didnt look like his normal poo.

What do you guys think of this poo? Is it normal or abnormal or is there something wrong......

001_zpsca493f33.jpg

This is his Normal Pooo:

002_zps40e0865d.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Are you sure this is poop? Did you watch him leave it? Almost looks like he threw up. Looks like he didn't digest the wax worms.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Are you sure this is poop? Did you watch him leave it? Almost looks like he threw up. Looks like he didn't digest the wax worms.

Yep I sure did watch him, and then cleaned it up. Had to take the photo cuz I was like wtf. Is this normal or abnormal? Am I giving him too much carrots?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I'm thinking he might need a vet visit. I've never seen poop like that. It looks like the wax worm went right through him without it being digested.

Did it look any better today?

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm thinking he might need a vet visit. I've never seen poop like that. It looks like the wax worm went right through him without it being digested.

Did it look any better today?

Posted a pic, Sorry for the multiple posts

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
A vet visit might be better than the alternative. Does look a bit odd.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sorry, I would do the vet just to be safe. I've never seen anything like this before :(

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Im not sure but it sounds like he has just been eating the grapes and carrots the last few days. Is that correct? Or did you mean he has only been eating the waxworms the last few days?

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well a friend of mine said that the Poop looks normal to him... He had many dragons in the past.

Im not sure but it sounds like he has just been eating the grapes and carrots the last few days. Is that correct? Or did you mean he has only been eating the waxworms the last few days?

Correct, He has Only been eating Carrots, Grapes and Tomatoes. HE WONT touch the Wax worms or Crickets I put in the tank. I tryed to hand feed him and he wont, I tryed just putting wax worms infront of his face with Tongs, he wont touch. So IDK what is he issue. He ate crickets the first Night I took him home and that was it.

And as I see, people say they eat 20-60 a day, and Well Im nowhere near close to that and not sure why he is acting this way.

He is active, He is moving, He lets me touch him anytime I want. I let him run around on me floor for a few and he seems fine to me, just cant
figure out why the hell he wont eat. ERRRRRR

cody

Hatchling Dragon
Mabry that's what it looks like when they only eat veggies and no insects? I assume that's pretty uncommon so you have nothing to compare it to. Did he have enough time under proper light/heat to fully digest ?

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That is decidedly not normal, but then neither is the diet you're feeding him, so that's to be expected ;)

Dragons have a delayed response to stress. It's why so many people say their dragon ate fine the first day and then stopped eating. This is pretty normal and a natural response for them after being thrown into a new home. However often times, like this time, keepers get a bit freaked out by this and change things out of concern. Not necessary but also a fairly natural response. ;)

Has the dragon started eating more again now that its settling in? Just give a good variety of live foods and more greens like kale, collards, and dandelion greens for instance. That should keep it healthy and get the poop back to normal again

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well He hasnt ate his crickets really, Just some wax worms yesturday. I dont think he is stressed or having any issues. As he runs around all over the tank, and keeps me cat busy all day. They just stare at each other for hours.

all he eats are carrots that I feed him. I gave him 5 wax worms yesturday. I ran out So tomm Im going to get more crickets and see if he starts eating them again.... No Local shops carry Dubia roaches or Pheonix worms. So Im going to have to make an order online.

Latest posts