• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some baby beardie questions

Peachyken

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello this is my first time being a beardie momma and my first post asking for some advice/help just to make sure my baby is happy and healthy. My first question is:

Why does he only open one eye and close the other? And why does he switch them? He does have his eyes open when he’s awake but when he gets sleepy or something he only has one eye open and the other closed. Is there anything I should be worried ab? He isn’t lethargic mostly.

Q2: he was swallowing in his sleep for a little bit and also opened his mouth and had his tongue sticking out a a few times. Does this mean he’s just dreaming? Or is there anything bad ab that?

Attachments

• A1276ED8-1D43-4ED3-8E5E-8927BE141EBF.jpeg
    A1276ED8-1D43-4ED3-8E5E-8927BE141EBF.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 12

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hello, it isn't uncommon for babies to close one eye and leave the other one open. Now I've never heard of a bearded dragon opening their mouth in their sleep. Are you sure he wasn't awake and trying to eat something or, sometimes when bearded dragons are basking they will pant like a dog.

Peachyken

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello, it isn't uncommon for babies to close one eye and leave the other one open. Now I've never heard of a bearded dragon opening their mouth in their sleep. Are you sure he wasn't awake and trying to eat something or, sometimes when bearded dragons are basking they will pant like a dog.

He had his eyes closed for a long time laying w me in my heated blanket and it was around 8:30 and he usually gets sleepy even around 6:30. Maybe he wasn’t fully asleep at the time? Or the blanket could’ve been a little warm?

Latest posts