• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Solar Glo

cycho

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm about to get a baby bearded dragon tomorrow at an expo. I bought the Exo Terra Solar Glo (Mercury Vapor Bulb) 160w BASED ON the charts they have showing 102° F at 4 inches from the bulb and 95° F at 6 inches from the bulb. I have my probe/basking spot 6 inches from the bulb and it reads 127° F after only 15 minutes of being on! I've tested with multiple probes. Ambient room temp is 70 degrees.

What do you guys recommend I buy for a basking bulb with a basking spot 6 inches away? I have a 160w deep dome so most bulbs should work. I have a 100w ceramic heat emitter that I can use with a dimmer, but the point of the mercury vapor bulb was to only replace it every year instead of 6 months like the UVB only bulbs.

Latest posts