• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Soft back?

Camajestic

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey Everyone,

I went to the pet store to look for a dragon and they one i was looking at they called a soft back.

however, when trying to look into the " soft back" I am not finding anything. are they know as something else or was this misidentified?

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
not heard of "soft back" - maybe they were thinking "silk back" or "leather back" ??? who knows

Camajestic

Bearded Dragon Egg
Here is the pics I was able to get of "him". he is the one on top

Attachments

• 1F9F6005-.jpg
    1F9F6005-.jpg
    230.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 4CBFE043-.jpg
    4CBFE043-.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 27
  • 119B1217-.jpg
    119B1217-.jpg
    230.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 49505AF5-.jpg
    49505AF5-.jpg
    221.1 KB · Views: 26

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I can't tell from the pictures if it's a leatherback or not.. I can tell you it is not a silkie from it's head.. leatherbacks have smaller scales close together and don't have spikes that are hard giving them a soft back plate.
So there are silkies that are like skin, microscale, leatherbacks, common or normals which are what you will typically find in petstores.

Camajestic

Bearded Dragon Egg
here is updated pictures of "him" when he first home and after hes been home a few days

Attachments

• IMG_2909.jpg
    IMG_2909.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    247 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3067.jpg
    IMG_3067.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 25

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
here is updated pictures of "him" when he first home and after hes been home a few days
He does look like a Leatherback. If so he should not have any spiky scales on his back. It should feel close to or absolutely smooth.

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Sander Andrade

Juvenile Dragon
awesome thank you for the help :) he has the cuties markings on the beard and belly i hope they stay as he gets older
Lol no problem, and usually as they grow older their beards get darker and darker. But that all depends on genes lol

Sent from my Moto E (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts