• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Social or Solitary?

Newtoreptiles

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hello! I'm just now thinking about getting a bearded dragon and my knowledge is limited. One question I haven't been able to get answered....are they social at all? I know reptiles are pretty solitary, but I always seem to see bearded dragons getting along well in small groups.

Shanon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Bearded Dragons are very social, I have 3 and mine all get along very well even with my dogs. The thing to keep in mind is that they have to be close in size, if one is a lot smaller then the other it will kill it. They are great company for humans as they love to be held and have human interaction.

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello! I'm just now thinking about getting a bearded dragon and my knowledge is limited. One question I haven't been able to get answered....are they social at all? I know reptiles are pretty solitary, but I always seem to see bearded dragons getting along well in small groups.

You cannot keep makes housed together as they will constantly fight for dominance, nor is it a good idea to house malw/females together as the male constantly pesters the female to mate causing stress to both animals. I personally have my girls together and they get on fine, but all my males are on their own.
The only problem with buying more than one together as babies is that you can't guarantee what sex they will be as they are too small to tell.

Where are you from?

richard

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
my breeder friend wont sell her dragons until they are between 6 and 8 inches long. by then they are easy(for me) to sex and already well established.

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
They are very social creatures, unlike most other reptiles. My Gobi is a total "Daddy's boy" (go figure lol). He is also trying more now to cozy up to the three cats (who are NEVER left alone with Gobi...EVER.) and loves to snuggle with you in the bed.

Latest posts