• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So, things have changed...

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So things have changed a little now... A second beardie has joined the family! ;D

Cookie moved into a small glass viv I have, 18x18x18inch. This with his size is MUCH! better, he's happier, he's eating more and generally more active. Now in the 3foot viv I have new beardie! He's 6-8 months old, they couldn't really be properly sure of his age. We got him from pets at home, just inside trying to buy some locust, anyway we were looking at the small beardies they had, we got talking to the manager and he asked us if we'd be interested in another. He took us back store to see him and he was lovely! He's really tame and loves attention so we said we'd have him tbh. His back story is they had him in the store display tanks, ofc trying to make them look attractive and draw attention they use sand, well this guy gained a nasty compaction from it. They took him back store to get him healthy and I must say were very happy to have him. He wasn't going back into generally sale yet as his size compared to the other beardies was too much so they gave us a nice cut down price on him.

Pics later guys when I have the time. :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats on the new one...Funny how one turns into 2 so fast. I did the same thing. I have my baby and wanted a bigger one so along came Oscar about a month and a half later. Can't wait to see pictures.

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here are the pics...

idfajd.jpg

Here is Cookie in his new viv.

351fgnl.jpg

An a closer pic ofc.

Anddd now for the new guy!

ej5uv4.jpg

Full viv view.

8zmxx4.jpg

So much more bigger than Cookie! >_<

2vccdnl.jpg

So yeah... He's still unnamed atm so yeah... Tell us some ideas help us think up something clever. =]

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh I thought I'd just let it be known... As you can see in the pic of Cookie's viv that there is kitchen roll going all around the bottom of the tank. This is because he kept seeing his reflection and was well playing with it, running up and down etc. I've seen the problems this can cause and thought I'd do sommin about it. :)

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aw...good looking little fellow. Let us know what you decide for a name.

BTW...how far away is Cookie from the UV and basking lights?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I think I know where Renee was going with this question. The uvb should be within 6-8" of the basking spot, where Cookie basks. Looking at the specs of said enclosure/fixtures, Cookie is around 14" away from both uvb and basking light.

Could you raise the basking place somewhat ?
Janie

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeah I have a large peice of drift wood in the garden, I'll grab it, clean it and bake it. That should do the trick.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great. Make sure to measure the temps after that wood has been in place for an hour or two... This way we can make sure that cookie isn't too warm...
Janie

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks, Janie. That is exactly where I was going. You know, get the facts and then see if help is needed. ;D

BTW...compact UV lights are known to cause eye issues in dragons. You need the UV tube light. I'd get that replaced ASAP.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Good catch on the compact.. I neglected to include that in my post, Renee!
Janie

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Renee said:
Thanks, Janie. That is exactly where I was going. You know, get the facts and then see if help is needed. ;D

BTW...compact UV lights are known to cause eye issues in dragons. You need the UV tube light. I'd get that replaced ASAP.

Oh right! D: Didn't know that, will get onto it for deffo.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ah.. but you are leaaaarning ! That's what so great about these forums... we ALL learn things !
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Adam...I'm really proud of you, dude! It's quite obvious that you're here to learn and are taking suggestions to heart. And because of this, your beardies should live very happy lives.

The new addition looks like a very nice beardy! Cookie definitely looks more at home in the new viv. Looking forward to your future updates.

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Craiger said:
Adam...I'm really proud of you, dude! It's quite obvious that you're here to learn and are taking suggestions to heart. And because of this, your beardies should live very happy lives.

The new addition looks like a very nice beardy! Cookie definitely looks more at home in the new viv. Looking forward to your future updates.

Cookie is a million times better now he's eating loads now even his greens. He was always good with them anyway but he's now properly getting his insects down too. The black on his belly has gone 100% he's lost all the fear he had. As for the new guy he just can't stand being in his viv he goes crazy up the glass till I finally open the door and let him free roam my room. Then he climbs the bed and comes to sit on me watching my face which i must say is very off putting. He was so cute yesterday tho... He came and sat on the laptop so i played some cricket sounds on it and he was going crazy trying to eat the keys and such. Eventually however he just spread and went to sleep right in the middle of it :') i had to push him up under the monitor and he lay there watching me for a while before going back to his viv for bed. :)

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
With him being so tiny, the other one might have been too big so it was stressing him out. Glad to see you have 2 happy dragons now.

AdamWTF

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sorry I took so long to get these pics up, been busy atm and just not really had the time to be honest, again iPhone pics as well so they ain't the best lol. Really need a good camera... >_<

2hn42gg.jpg

So that's um both can see there size's okay in that. The female is the bigger one.

nouefk.jpg

Both of them again, closer this time.

axxmde.jpg

Our female basking.

zkssox.jpg

The male.

do5ilu.jpg

A look at the viv now it is home to these two.

And now a little about the behaviour of these two, just wanna get some views off you people. So from day one of these two being together I've seen NO aggression. However I'm just wondering if all this sounds right. Basically the female is the biggest so I knew she would be dominant over the male, she is the one who head bobs as soon as she finds anything new. This could be from a stone to a persons chest, everything is apparently hers. Now and again I'll catch the male waving it's hardly ever tho and never for longer than a second. Again with her dominance I've noticed now and again while the male minds his own business she will come and say just stand on his head to get past him. Or say get a basking spot. He never sits around and lets her tho he'll tend to walk out and find a new place else he'll go stand on her. Now I thought this would have meant she'd always eat first and more? This isn't the case though, actually the male does. The female is too lazy, she tends to prefer to bask than chase insects and when she does its normally around the same time the male starts. They don't stop eachother AT ALL though. Actually they tend to keep out of eachothers way or take it in turns. The male always out eats the female though, not through choice... she always has the chance to eat more... she just don't much care for insects is all I can say. She eats her fill and goes to basking. Same for greens they don't control eachother... They pick as they please... The only thing is is dominant over is people... If we watch her she head bobs... If shes with the male she does nothing... Not unless were watching. Like now... He's basking one side of the log on his own, she saw me watching so moved onto the log near the glass far away from him, looked at me and head bobbed. As for a night they near enough always cuddle eachother... I said near enough always cause last night he didn't. This was my fault tho... He was but I accidentally woke him and he came to the glass to see me, then well fell asleep next to the glass. When the female sleeps tho she tends to dig a hole to lie in, is this normal? He tends to lie on top of her in this hole and that's how they sleep, I'll get a pic soonish of this to show you. Again atm to show how confused I get by there actions there both basking and doing a sorta yin and yang pose. She has her head and one leg on his tail and he has the same on her...

Sorry for the essay. Thanks all.

Latest posts