• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So how big should he be?

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is my little Mushu. He was hatched on Aug 20, 2011. I measured him today and he is about 4 inches in total length. He was attacked as you can see the scar just under his right shoulder ( looks worse from the underside) and he prefers to have his front left leg straight and facing slightly back.

I have had him for 1 week and 1 day. I am feeding him 2 x per day - reptiworms- and he varies the amount each day but usually he eats about 4-5 worms in the am and 10-12 worm in the pm.
- I feed his live food in a small critter carrier that I sit inside his large enclosure but block of the back so he doesn't try to climb the side to get on his log.
- He has greens available all day and I vary a treat of fruit or other veggies mixed in.
- I soak him every other day and have a small shallow dish available for him in his enclosure
- I heard you did not have to give calcium with the reptiworms due to their high calcium value so only give 1 x per week of the powder.

- heat range from 75 in the coolest corner to 110 under the day light. I keep a che on at all times to keep night temps in between 73 - 85.

He is mix between a German giant (father) and a lemon Citrus (Mother) so how big do you feel he should be?

Mushu008.jpg

Mushu007.jpg

Mushu002.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Poor little guy has been through a lot already!
He looks like he's on the up-and-up - and it sounds like he's got a healthy appetite. I'm not sure how big he'll get but I'm impressed with how well he's doing in your care! Hopefully someone else can help answer your question

jessicap

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks Josh, he is very alert and active. He seems to have adjusted quickly to his new home. I am just worried that he is WAY behind on growth after seeing pictures of Kadin who is 3 mo old, not much older than Mushu, but is twice as big. Per previous owner, he has never shed so am assuming this means he has not grown much since hatching.

Latest posts