• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So George is a girl, and can I now get her a friend?

Mel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've always wondered if i can put another adult female with her if i buy the 5ft long vivarium i plan on buying at christmas? I don't want to breed her because its too expensive and well, she loves my company when i get her out but sometimes i only get the chance to get her out for 10 mins. I would love to see her interact with another beardie. and yeah i thought she was a boy until today. I got suspicious about the lack of dark beard and small ish size but i suppose her being over a year now, i checked above her vent and she is 100% female.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For starters, welcome to our forum!

I'm in agreement that it is not best to house beardies together. Yes, there are success stories, but there are also horror stories. I tend to stay on the side of caution and personally, wouldn't chance it. As docile as these creatures are with their humans, they are extremely territorial when it comes to their own kind.

Mel

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ahh its a shame because it would be nice to see her interact with another beardie. I live with my parents and i have my beardie and 3 crested geckos, 2 females and 1 male (which is being kept in a separate viv for the time being) so i really have no room for another big viv. I can see George being quite territorial because she has a rascal side to her where she has to have her own way and go where she wants and be center of attention. I'm only 18 with a basic job so when i eventually get my own place and a better job i think another beardie would be in the question then.

as for photos well i have millions of course. I just take long to put them up. fact.

thanks for the replies.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
had she been housed with another female for a long time previously it might be ok. but considering she is a year old and used to having her own home all to herself. you chance a lot of dominance issues and fighting over territory. Yeah even females can be and often are territorial.

Latest posts