• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

So about Wax Worms...

valkryja

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My local pet store is having troubles with their cricket supplier, so they only had supers, mealies, and waxies there for me to feed Loki. And Loki's very fat and needs his mouth moving constantly or he gets very grumpy and dark-colored, so I bought a bunch of wax worms and decided to see where it went. Sure enough, I mixed them in with his salad, and he seemed to have a seizure of happiness when the collard leaves started wiggling around. He ran around his tank three times, ate the entire bowl in about three minutes, and stared at me until I gave him more.

So apparently, these wax worms are like crack for Loki. How many are safe to feed at once? The pet store gave me a nice free crickets coupon and said that they should be getting more midweek. Is it safe to temporarily use the waxies as a staple before the crickets come back? He's been known to eat about 50 medium-sized crickets at once, so I'm not sure how many wax worms are allowed, since they're so fatty. XD

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wax worms are fine as a treat. Maybe once a week would be appropriate. You can try and find an online supplier for crickets, phoenix worms, dubia roaches as a staple.

Latest posts