• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

smooth rocks from the beach?

WatfordOleary17

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ive picked up loads of smooth beach rocks and was wondering if I can use theese in my vivs? My aim is to cut down on the calci sand and move away from loose substrate whilst still having something to help wear there claws down. Any advice would be appreciated

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
River Rocks have always been suggested as basking spots for years. The only thing, is not to use Black or really dark ones that would absorb & retain too much heat. I would just be sure they are cleaned really well, then bake them before using in the enclosure. I have mountain rock from an ocean shoreline in all of mine, they are a light charcoal color, but they are not used as their basking spots.

Latest posts