• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Small guy or gal with bigger gal

clareop

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have the opportunity to get a great 2-year-old female plus a large tank. I've been looking because I have a smaller guy or gal whose gender I don't yet know. I was hoping to put them together since he once had a pal and he seems to miss him (or her)
He's about 6 months, I'd guess and about 10 inches long.

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
umm as far as i know thats a very bad idea to put a smaller dragon in with a big one as ive been told they may or prob will fight for dominance or the bigger one may even look at the smaler one as dinner im not 100% on this but id def look into it more before you even consider putting two beardies of different sizes together

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thats a very bad idea. chances are good the smaller one will get hurt. They are better housed separately this is what can happen when you house them together. She was house with a similar sized sibling which eventually attacked her she ended up loosing a front let and rear foot. She has healed up and is doing well although it severely stunted her growth.
100_0749.jpg

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
yea thats what i thought ive alawys been told that they can get on wtih dragons the same size but they will fight to start off with and so must be moniterd during the initial meeting to see if they will get on or if they are gonna continue fighting but putting a smaller one in with a big one you may as well dig a grave for the smaller one ive been thinking of getting another one but i think my little princess is to used toher own company specially come burmation time she has her very own timescale and specialy like to be left alone during this time

Missy

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I also HIGHLY suggest against the idea. Unless you want the bigger one to kill or severely maim the smaller one as a domination thing.

I'd seen a couple of adult BD's at the shop not too long ago (both have been sold). They were housed together, and seemed to like one another's companionship. But they were of the same size. And also, I noted that one of them had a part of its tail missing. Looked like it was chomped off when it was a youngling.

Anarchy

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
thats what happend to my wee morgan she lossed a bit of tail and a toe :( poor we thing but she has a huge personality lol but i dont think i would get another even though i do know they do get along after time but think shed maybe get pissed off having another and having to compete for food n such she likes to eat and bask n do stuff in her own time and having anohter their i recon that would mean shed need to move her ass if she wanted to be first in the que for feeding basking n so on

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sampson is missing over half his toes and the end of his tail!! I would Not put them together with such a size difference!!

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
quite frankly from what l've been ready, you shouldn't house two permantly together unless you have a hugh enclosure (a friend of mine has turned her spare room into a beardie bunker)