• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleepy Beardie

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
L

Looks like a good one to try.
Have him fill a small dropper and hold it up against the top of his mouth. Careful not to squeeze out too much as it may get into his nose and he won't be able to breath. I get a drop going on the tip of the dropper and kinda place the drip against the top of Dex's mouth/bottom lip and he'll start lapping it up. Sometimes Dex is a little messy and it will dribble down his chin before he gets going. lol

Pram

Hatchling Dragon
Have him fill a small dropper and hold it up against the top of his mouth. Careful not to squeeze out too much as it may get into his nose and he won't be able to breath. I get a drop going on the tip of the dropper and kinda place the drip against the top of Dex's mouth/bottom lip and he'll start lapping it up. Sometimes Dex is a little messy and it will dribble down his chin before he gets going. lol

ok thanks! I'll keep you guys posted!

Pram

Hatchling Dragon
Vet says we brought him in good time! He was super dehydrated and underweight. She gave him subq fluids and a tube feeding also sent us home with some stuff to syringe feed him. I think his husbandry was all wrong and is part of the problem working to get it fixed, but she said she doesn't see any reason why he shouldn't bounce back.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Vet says we brought him in good time! He was super dehydrated and underweight. She gave him subq fluids and a tube feeding also sent us home with some stuff to syringe feed him. I think his husbandry was all wrong and is part of the problem working to get it fixed, but she said she doesn't see any reason why he shouldn't bounce back.
Good news! That's kind of what I figured, hope he'll get better soon!

Dexter_Dragon

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So glad to hear he's going to be ok. Before you know it he'll be eating you out of house and home. lol

Pram

Hatchling Dragon
So glad to hear he's going to be ok. Before you know it he'll be eating you out of house and home. lol

thanks I appreciate both of your input! Between the concoction she gave me to feed him and his new pad I think he’s already feeling better! I told petsmart about themselves too!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 25
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 25

Ginger424

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hello- I am a new beardie owner. My guys is about 3 months old (best guess) he’s doing something I haven’t seen before. He is super sleepy, like he’s pretty much been in and out of sleep all day. He doesn’t want to eat and is a little grayer than normal. Could this be a sign of shedding?
Make sure the lighting is hot enough. If the temp is too low, they will get sluggish, and their digestive system also slows. A juvenile needs temps to be about 100 degrees on the basking side and upper 80’s on the other side.

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hello- I am a new beardie owner. My guys is about 3 months old (best guess) he’s doing something I haven’t seen before. He is super sleepy, like he’s pretty much been in and out of sleep all day. He doesn’t want to eat and is a little grayer than normal. Could this be a sign of shedding?

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Beardies DONOT bromate at 3months old and when shedding they still have energy!!!
It seems as tho maybe u have no UVb and maybe are not giving him calcium!!! He needs clear white light the ZooMed basking bulb for heat and the Reptisun 10.0 T5 long bulb for UVb place that in the back of the tank above the screen starting at the hot side and the heat lamp towards the front right side of the right is your hot. Humidity needs to be between 30-40. But the round black hydrogometer by the brand is thrive and place it in hot side 2inches from the top next to his basking a lot also temps need to be 105-110 minimum 105 at his age when he turns 8mnths 100 is perfect and calcium once per day dusted the crickets No meal worms or dried food Jair Dubia rockss and crickets 5 times per day lots and lots of protein at this age and a bowl of veggies and greens diced into small pieces tiwce a day!! I guarantee you the temps are off or maybe u have no UVb this will kill the dragon and give him metabolic bone disease so they at can lethargic won’t eat and can’t move!!!

Amy Moran

Bearded Dragon Egg

Mine always turn gray before they shed.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Beardies DONOT bromate at 3months old and when shedding they still have energy!!!
It seems as tho maybe u have no UVb and maybe are not giving him calcium!!! He needs clear white light the ZooMed basking bulb for heat and the Reptisun 10.0 T5 long bulb for UVb place that in the back of the tank above the screen starting at the hot side and the heat lamp towards the front right side of the right is your hot. Humidity needs to be between 30-40. But the round black hydrogometer by the brand is thrive and place it in hot side 2inches from the top next to his basking a lot also temps need to be 105-110 minimum 105 at his age when he turns 8mnths 100 is perfect and calcium once per day dusted the crickets No meal worms or dried food Jair Dubia rockss and crickets 5 times per day lots and lots of protein at this age and a bowl of veggies and greens diced into small pieces tiwce a day!! I guarantee you the temps are off or maybe u have no UVb this will kill the dragon and give him metabolic bone disease so they at can lethargic won’t eat and can’t move!!!
Julee, maybe maybe instead of tearing beginners down, maybe try telling them in a nicer way. Us bearded dragon keepers should stick together! Not starting fights and tearing each other down.

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Julee, maybe maybe instead of tearing beginners down, maybe try telling them in a nicer way. Us bearded dragon keepers should stick together! Not starting fights and tearing each other down.
Also there was no need for you to yell at them, they already fixed all of their husbandry and had already taken their bearded dragon to the vet.

Katieveee

Bearded Dragon Egg
are you sure its hot enough too? if hes on the "hot side" then he might be too cold, my beardie spends most of his day on his cooler end and goes to the hot end throughout the day (mainly in the morning and at food time) and like someone else said, the uvb bulb needs to be installed as thats how they actually digest their food, another thing (you may already know this but its worth saying) are you using calcium? dont forget the calcium its super important, i used to igve my beardie small calci worms as they are full of calcium and you dont need to dust them, but if youre giving crickets or something else they need calcium dust on them