• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping habits

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
So I find this habit that my 1st ever beardie has when it's bedtime interesting. I turn off the basking lamp, turn on the heater, then about 15 minutes later turn off the uvb light. Within about 2 minutes she finds a spot to lay down for the night and almost immediately goes to sleep. Anyone else ever have theirs do this? I wish my kids would do this at night when it's their bedtime .

DragonM0M

Bearded Dragon Egg
Our dragon does this! He will also put himself to sleep around 8-8:30PM every night before his lights are out. We've only had him for two weeks but he seems to be on a good schedule!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I find this habit that my 1st ever beardie has when it's bedtime interesting. I turn off the basking lamp, turn on the heater, then about 15 minutes later turn off the uvb light. Within about 2 minutes she finds a spot to lay down for the night and almost immediately goes to sleep. Anyone else ever have theirs do this? I wish my kids would do this at night when it's their bedtime .
What kind of heater are you using? If your tank is falling below 65 at nite a CHE is fine -- dragons like it cool and dark to sleep it metabolizes their system -- you do not want temps above 75 at nite

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
She usually sleeps on the bottom of the tank and last time I checked it was around 77? I am using a heater at night and towards the top it gets around 83-85 depending on room temp. And it's just a heater not a night light heater.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She usually sleeps on the bottom of the tank and last time I checked it was around 77? I am using a heater at night and towards the top it gets around 83-85 depending on room temp. And it's just a heater not a night light heater.
Ok so it's a ceramic heat emitter-- I would not use it if your tank is above 65 that's ambient temp w/ a stick on

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so it's a ceramic heat emitter-- I would not use it if your tank is above 65 that's ambient temp w/ a stick on
Ok, I'll try and leave it off tonight then and see how it goes. I thought that I read somewhere that going below 78 wasn't advised. I live in TN and fall weather has had some pretty cold nights so far. Plus my heater isnt working at the moment.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, I'll try and leave it off tonight then and see how it goes. I thought that I read somewhere that going below 78 wasn't advised. I live in TN and fall weather has had some pretty cold nights so far. Plus my heater isnt working at the moment.
Your dragons tank should drop to house temps - so if you keep a cold house less than 65 I recommend a ceramic heat emitter- they produce heat no light

IScarred

Hatchling Dragon
Your dragons tank should drop to house temps - so if you keep a cold house less than 65 I recommend a ceramic heat emitter- they produce heat no light
Ok, well I have read about not using a night light heater, can't remember the reason, and that's why I got the ceramic heat emitter. So far I think the coldest my house has gotten was about 65. I guess that makes sense though considering deserts usually get cool at night. I think it was the book I got that mentioned keeping temps above 78 at night.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok, well I have read about not using a night light heater, can't remember the reason, and that's why I got the ceramic heat emitter. So far I think the coldest my house has gotten was about 65. I guess that makes sense though considering deserts usually get cool at night. I think it was the book I got that mentioned keeping temps above 78 at night.
Yes 78 is ok but they do like it cooler and dark

Latest posts