• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sleeping and not eating

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
So my Zeus went into burmation kind of late this yr. He slept for like 2 weeks. We changed his UVB bulb and his heat bulbs and he comes out here and there but won’t eat and still sleeping a lot. He’s been in bathtub a few times and outside too. He ate like 5 worms one day then one the next now it’s been like two days and he hasn’t eaten. Should I worry.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So my Zeus went into burmation kind of late this yr. He slept for like 2 weeks. We changed his UVB bulb and his heat bulbs and he comes out here and there but won’t eat and still sleeping a lot. He’s been in bathtub a few times and outside too. He ate like 5 worms one day then one the next now it’s been like two days and he hasn’t eaten. Should I worry.
As long as your lighting and UVB are on par I wouldnt worry about him- how old is he? Did he drink from the bath? Let him do his thing - it sounds like hes doing the partial brumation thing- just keep an eye on his behavior- watch his weight get a weight on him now so you can keep track of it - weigh in grams on a kitchen food scale - if he is losing a lot of weight that is not good -- then it would be time for a parasite test but normally they dont lose a lot of weight - its either sustained or maybe around 10- 20 grams but any more then there is something wrong

Zeus0224

Bearded Dragon Egg
As long as your lighting and UVB are on par I wouldnt worry about him- how old is he? Did he drink from the bath? Let him do his thing - it sounds like hes doing the partial brumation thing- just keep an eye on his behavior- watch his weight get a weight on him now so you can keep track of it - weigh in grams on a kitchen food scale - if he is losing a lot of weight that is not good -- then it would be time for a parasite test but normally they dont lose a lot of weight - its either sustained or maybe around 10- 20 grams but any more then there is something wrong
Thanks. Yes he drank water both times in the bath. When I take him outside he walks all over on his leash he’s just not to interested in his food.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks. Yes he drank water both times in the bath. When I take him outside he walks all over on his leash he’s just not to interested in his food.
Ok well hes active - they do go off their food - hes a male? Its mating season any head bobbing black bearding?

Latest posts